cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

mcal63775
Explorer
Explorer
mcal63775 wrote:
Scratched my head and cussed alot.Couple of weeks ago I replaced a GFI socket the kept tripping. Installed the new GFI socket,to which there are 5 regular sockets following the GFI, in that circuit. The only thing plugged in that circuit is the TV. Its in the last plug. All worked well. TV was on and I plugged in a fan to see if the GFi trips. Left all that on for about an hour. Great! I fixed it. :B Went camping this weekend and the GFI tripped.:M NOW WHAT.. only thing plugged in is the tv...and its not even on. Hit the reset...and GFI trips again within a minute. Reset the GFI several times and no luck.
Now we are home...and guess what is working without issues?? Yup..you guessed the GFI socket?? You win a prize. What is different at home VS the camp ground? I am going to go thru the process of elimination...or turning things on..one at a time. When we set up at camp and the GFI trips, the AC is running, the fridge is on, water heater is on, slide out is out, levelers are down, awning is out and most important...beer in hand.
At home, when the damned thing works like it should, I have everything shut down and stowed away..except my beverage. I can eliminate the beer as the problem.:W I'll get back to ya on what I find!

UPDATE-I started with just having the fan and tv plugged in. It works. Checked the breaker in panel...its on, flipped it to off, GFI and the circuit went dead as it is suppose to. Turned breaker on again and cicuit works. Then I turned the fridge on and in a matter of a couple of minutes, the GFI tripped. The breaker in panel box did not flip. I am thinking the fridge AND the GFI are on the circuit wired together BEFORE the GFI plug.:@ So I throw the breaker in the panel box for the GFI,thinking the fridge would go out. It didn't. I threw every breaker on the box to see if and when fridge goes out. Last breaker to throw was the main and only then did the fridge go out. NO seperate breaker for the fridge. So it looks like the fridge is the culprit ?!? :h I dunno,-bare wire?? I guess I better start chasing wires down staring from the fridge. Fun part will be finding the right 12/2 house wiring that all zip tied together in cute little bundles shoved in places I cant reach!:E AND THANKS for the replies, checks and ideas. Stay tuned, this could take a while.

bigB42
Explorer
Explorer
took it to glass doctor replaced driver side so it will be ready to go in the fall/winter also was still under warrenty
ken

chipndip
Explorer
Explorer
Put new seals in the Sealand toilet.

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Brother-in-Law helped pull the wire into the basement. Tomorrow I finish the run to the power box and turn the power on. Finally. Wife and I will be sleeping in comfort Friday and Saturday night while the son & grand-kids occupy the house. I will still get to sleep in as long as I want.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
Let's see, today I replaced the pull straps on 3 awnings, recaulked the bathroom vent, and the shower dome. Fixed the door arm lever thing, the rivets were worn and sloppy so I drilled them out and replaced with bolts. The heads were to thick on the bolts so I ground them down and it now works like it should.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

TravelingOTO
Explorer
Explorer
I prepped for Emily! Finally had a break in the rain so I could put Eternabond around the bathroom vent. I think we're finally ready for her!

krichmond96coac
Explorer
Explorer
Tile done, wood floor refinished, furniture installed, and 2 TVs mounted. It took couple seconds to write that but over a month to do!

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Got a part number for the torn patio awning strap from Carefree Awnings and found it at a local RV dealer for $10 + tax. Now to pull the MH out of its garage and open the awning which should be interesting.

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there, today i replaced the 13" tv in the bedroom with a 24" flatscreen, what a difference.

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled the wire for the RV Power Box on the garage and wired the Box End. Now I need to get the wire into the basement. Brother-in-law will help with that chore this week some time. With that I will have 20/30/50 amps available what ever I park in the drive way. Have to get the tools put away this week and clean up in the motor home. Grand Kids coming this weekend and Mama and I want to sleep in on Saturday morning. Only place we can do that is in the motor home.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new fire extinguisher to replace the one in there now. Also bought 3 120mm pc fans to install at the top of the fridge vent to help the fridge obtain lower temps.

If the fans do not help much I will be swapping out the Norcold for a residential unit.
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
mcal63775 wrote:
Scratched my head and cussed alot.Couple of weeks ago I replaced a GFI socket the kept tripping. Installed the new GFI socket,to which there are 5 regular sockets following the GFI, in that circuit. The only thing plugged in that circuit is the TV. Its in the last plug. All worked well. TV was on and I plugged in a fan to see if the GFi trips. Left all that on for about an hour. Great! I fixed it. :B Went camping this weekend and the GFI tripped.:M NOW WHAT.. only thing plugged in is the tv...and its not even on. Hit the reset...and GFI trips again within a minute. Reset the GFI several times and no luck.
Now we are home...and guess what is working without issues?? Yup..you guessed the GFI socket?? You win a prize. What is different at home VS the camp ground? I am going to go thru the process of elimination...or turning things on..one at a time. When we set up at camp and the GFI trips, the AC is running, the fridge is on, water heater is on, slide out is out, levelers are down, awning is out and most important...beer in hand.
At home, when the damned thing works like it should, I have everything shut down and stowed away..except my beverage. I can eliminate the beer as the problem.:W I'll get back to ya on what I find!

Had a similar problem at work. long story short a loose ground wire. Check all of your connections in your outlets.
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

d20wns
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at my Georgie boy today a bit in discussed still not sorted the fresh water pump out yet and having to walk passed it as i go into work makes it worse.Still its nice to know that there all lots of folk out there with the same interests, i mean RVing of cause, chin up ill still keep looking for a solution.

Enjoy

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Fitted new closer springs to, and painted, the screen door.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
Taking pictures of the upper front nose. Clearcoat is peeling off along with color. Factory wants a lot to repair. Local truck paint shop wants to take a look at it. Hope that price comes in a lot lower but we'll see.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"