cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

joecouch
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced air filter on engine, not an easy job on mine.

badge2283
Explorer
Explorer
Started to get it ready for a trip to Ft. Monroe, Va. New filters and oil for the genset. The oil filter was a bear to get off. Cleaned the interior. Now to the dealer to fix the jacks. May put a SCT Scan Dash in, also ,may have a MPH tune done. Can't wait to get on the road.

AzRoamers
Explorer
Explorer
Today I picked up the Winne Brave from La Mesa RV in Tucson after having the Workhorse brake caliper replacement done under the Workhorse recall that has been pending for months. La Mesa did a great job, got it back well ahead of the promised date. If you are in Tucson or La Mesa CA and need service I highly recommend La Mesa. No, I don't work there or have an interest in the company. But I have bought two used Class A's from La Mesa and could not ask for more fair and conscientious treatment.
Morris

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving it in the shop AGAIN -- "all of the day and all of the night" . . . . (That sounds like a song!) Fuel flow problem (among others) needs a new 2K$ fuel punp!!!!!!! Motel tonight. Whats a hundred bucks compared to what in comming?

Ken451
Explorer
Explorer
millerak49 wrote:
Pulled the 4 coach batteries out, moved it to the winter parking spot and put the cover on it.

So sad, so early ๐Ÿ˜ž LOL. We just finally (?) got away from 90 degree days!

What did you do with the coach batteries, put them in your snow machine? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ken
2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES 5th wheel
2006 Sundowner horse trailer with living quarters
Chevy C3500 tow vehicle

millerak49
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled the 4 coach batteries out, moved it to the winter parking spot and put the cover on it.

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned off the grasshopper and sundry bug bodies that became stuck in truly remote places during our 6 week trip to Wisconsin.
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the rooftop a/c gasket this morning.
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer
Fired up the furnace this morning. I woke up to a 58 degree temperature inside the coach.
2011 Hyundai Accent SE (8k)
1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 31' ga$$er motorhome (42k)
Bear, my four legged, furry companion.
RVing is an obsession more expensive than drugs. :E

JcoFS3500
Explorer
Explorer
Removed, disassembled, inspected, reassembled, and created a vent hole in the floor plate below it for the air brake dryer. Now, hopefully, it won't blow crud into my air filter intake.
'93 Jayco FS3500 TT behind a '92 Dodge D250 powered by 5.9L Cummins

'94 Vogue Prima Vista powered by 8.3L Cummins w/ 6spd Allison

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer
Started to install macerator pump, only to find that once again, I have been bitten by the no quality control bug. They sent mine with two wiring looms that go to the RV, instead of one that is supposed to have the power switch. :m

At least the tanks are not yet full, and hopefully flojet will send me the correct part quickly.
2011 Hyundai Accent SE (8k)
1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 31' ga$$er motorhome (42k)
Bear, my four legged, furry companion.
RVing is an obsession more expensive than drugs. :E

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Leveled her out and started the reefer for trip to Ann Arbor Wednesday afternoon. Will be back Sunday and start the layup process then. Where did the year go?
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Electronpusher
Explorer
Explorer
Wired around my malfunctioning Prosine 2K and plugged my old converter/charger and 400w inverter back in--

Nice to have redundancy on the road--

Now to figure out what to do about a very expensive (un-repairable according to the factory)inverter/charger--

ReM
Dick & Bette
and
Jedediah the Cat
2004 Journey 36G

Lobstah
Explorer
Explorer
Late last fall, we were camping in upstate NY with friends, and we decided to troubleshoot a problem with my KingDome sat system, mainly that it doesn't work.
In the process of doing this, my friend was getting on the ladder from the roof to come down. In the process, he swung his foot around to get down on a step, and the toe of his show just BARELY touched the top of my skylight over the shower, which of course broke due to UV brittleness. Don't you love when one project starts creating OTHER projects???
Anyway...I grabbed a green garbage bag and some Gorilla Tape, and put a temp patch over the skylight that actually looked pretty good. Matched the black AC units on the roof ๐Ÿ™‚
Anyway...it completely slipped my mind with all of the other things going on until DW was following me on a recent trip and called me to tell me that things were looking WAY to "white-trashy" when black things are flapping in the breeze on the roof of the coach.
Up to the top of the punch list it goes ๐Ÿ™‚
Measured it, located the right size on ppl for less than half of what most parts places wanted, then made a trip to the local parts store and got a roll of "putty tape" which is a great sealant that doesn't dry out. It's almost like the old glazing that was used on window panes.
Anyway...removed the old dome (our skylights are all two piece, inner and outer, only the outer was cracked) by removing the twenty self-tapping 1/4" screws, cleaned the surface well with a rag and a little bit of acetone.
Then I put putty strips on all four edges on the bottom of the new skylight dome then put it in place. Replaced all the screws, and then put two more strips of tape over the edges and over the screws. Used a piece of waxed paper to push down on all of the sealant to make certain that it bonded well, and it was done.
While up on the roof, I also noticed a few little spots here and there on the seam between the roof and the rear of the coach...hit those with some of the tape/putty, then started coming down the ladder. Just happened to notice that the top of the mounts for the ladder, where they're screwed to the coach, had a small gap that water could get into. Hit all those with the same sealant on the way down.
Total cost was about $120, and an hours worth of time.

Still haven't fixed the KingDome issue...stay tuned ๐Ÿ™‚

Jim
2005 Pace Arrow 36D
Very Understanding Wife
1 Boxer ๐Ÿ˜ž
3 Maine Coon cats

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Parked it at the beach and made use of the solar panels and MPPT Controller. :B
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350