cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

QuietWater
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to the Chevy Dealer to get the state inspection completed after installing new mufflers and fixing all the exterior lights. I was about a mile from the dealer when the old electric fuel pump just quit. I coasted to the side of the road but there was no shoulder so I was basically in the road and blocking traffic. I called the Chevy Dealer and told them the situation. They called a tow truck and had it hauled to their service bay. However, it has sat there all day and they have done nothing to it. This at least taught me that the mechanical fuel pump can not pull fuel through the electric pump. I probably could have bypassed the electric and been able to drive it to the dealer but at the time, that was not an option. Still haven't gotten the safety inspection or been able to license it and we plan on leaving this Friday for the lake. This is going to be close. I need to retire. Work keeps getting in the way.
Daniel Miller
1984 Holiday Rambler Imperial
1982 Tioga Arrow Class C

Buffettphan
Explorer
Explorer
Washed and started to wax her. Finding that this is a very big rig. Fixed a inside compartment latchand hooked up a DVD player so now we can see more mordern movies.
2004 Lance 1010
2005 GMC 2500HD
Bilstine Shocks
Hellwigs
Tork lifts
Stables Loads
Thule duel axle trailer
2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Limited
2013 Softail Deluxe
2004 Harley Davidson Sportster 883C

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to body shop for repairs of damage I inflicted to the drivers side when I had my head firmly entrenched in my anal orifice while pulling to gas pumps. Didn't see barrier at end of island.

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
I just completed a slide out seal replacement on a 96 HR Endeavor (16 ft slide) Did this project in 1.5 hours and had time in the middle to eat a steak and egg biscuit. 50.88 for the gasket and off you go.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Central Florida (East Coast)

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
nothing
HR

swimmster
Explorer
Explorer
put my awning out at the storage place the other day.. left ot overnight to dry it out.. came back the next morning, to find one of the legs pulled out of the body and resting on the ground.. FORTUNATELY holding up the awning.. If you read my older post on repairing the upper awning strip, you know this contraption was installed HORRIBLY wrong.. Problem with my RV is, you can't get to the floor line on the body, so you're stuck screwing into the side wall. But even still, you could have at least done it right and not ruined the wood and all behind the arm mount.. Anyways.. here;s pics of my repair.. I basicly made 2 steel plates.. 1/4" thick.. and sandwiched the wall between them with long coated carriage bolts.

oooh.. and at the same time, I ended up re-doing the stairway carpet.. It's not the greatest, but one day, I'm completely redoing the inside, so.. this was just to get by for now.

88 Winnie Elandan 33ft. 35,000 miles. Undergoing restificatoin and MANY upgrades and updates. Hope to meet some of you in person out there on the roads!!

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
replaced all filters 5.9Cummins Mucho Dinero but she is worth it!
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

QuietWater
Explorer
Explorer
With the help of Number 2 Son, we installed those infernal air bags in the front springs. The directions say to collapse the bags and tie them with strings to keep them small enough to go through the 2" hole. I tried and tried to tie strings tight enough but resorted to zip ties (tie wraps) which worked out great. With a little twisting and turning and a few choice words we got the suckers in there and inflated to 70 lbs. I'm certainly glad that job is over!
Daniel Miller
1984 Holiday Rambler Imperial
1982 Tioga Arrow Class C

kahoona
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
Good question! In the past 30 days (on the road)-
Replaced roof A/C (bad compressor)
Replaced heater knob on dash
replaced power cord door (plastic crumbled
Replaced odd special circuit breaker (main)
Replaced filter on Onan genset and created new hardware to secure it and
the housing it used to go in(bale wire)
Attempted to make levler work by replacing fuses under RV,under dash and under fridge (no luck)
Replaced wireing behind dash for dash AC fan
Just before leaving a month ago I
Had rear jacks rebuilt,
Thats all that I can think of right now. but it is all good.
Kahoona

Just think of it as a boat except that it is the top that needs to be waterproof.

txdutt
Explorer
Explorer
changed the fuel filter on the coach (loads of fun!!) and then the spark plugs & plug wires...basically done until next spring when I'll get the coolant & brake fluids all flushed out & changed-that should take care of all my PM since buying the rig a few weekds ago...oh yeah still have to change out the fuel filter & spark plugs on the generator-everything else on that has been serviced, will try that in a few weeks
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD w/Curt 20K Lb Hitch & rear Timbrens
2013 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er/15.5K GVW/41'
U.S. Navy 1978-1986

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
FOr the first time in a long time.. YESTERDAY.. I did absolutly NOTHING to the coach.. NO repairs, No maintenance, NOTHING.

Today.. Well.. it is time again for that unpleasant duty with the long 3" hose.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bugs53
Explorer
Explorer
Amoralled all the leather in coach. After doing the Jeep, thought is was abut time. It really brought up the leather, and plastic materials in the salon and driving sections of of my coach.

Bugs
bugs53
08 Tiffen Allegro, Wrangler Shahara.2dr std, Us Gear Breaking
Mango 3speed cruisers
Cookie. Springer Spaniel

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Fitted 2 4" computer fans to refrigerator cooling stack to help out in the hopefully hot weather during my winter trip!
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

badtip
Explorer
Explorer
I painted some new graphics on my 98 allegro bus, i tried to match the original look and color as much as possible, as you can see i am not quite finished.

slowlane
Explorer
Explorer
Today I ripped out all the OEM day-night window shades (which were always a pain to operate and were starting to fall apart) and replaced them with MCD duo shades. A very nice upgrade to the coach.
07 Rev 40E
Happily and guiltlessly maximizing my carbon footprint