cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
robbins1 wrote:
I cut a piece to put between the seats to act as a table when the B is parked. When on the road the armrests are up, but when parked it is easier to have a level surface for.....whatever.
Picture please! 🙂
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

robbins1
Explorer
Explorer
I cut a piece to put between the seats to act as a table when the B is parked. When on the road the armrests are up, but when parked it is easier to have a level surface for.....whatever.
~~~ruth~~~

kmessinger
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the back-up camera switch with one that matches the others.

Original

New

Now it matches the others.
2017.5 Winnebago Travato.

Chirpnchicks
Explorer
Explorer
First entry on this thread...
Replaced deteriorated steps with new grip tape. Replaced temperamental thermostat in fantastic fan.
Everything else holding up well... knock on wood.
Jay
Jay & Di
Summerfield, NC
RT RS Adventurous

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
My dog and I just got back from a 3 day outdoor antique radio show in Kutztown PA (450 miles round trip) Boy it got cold there at night. Furnace in the vintage B worked great. I was up and working the show at 5 am but he dog stayed in her bed until 10 this morning. She's no fool.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

FLSTFI
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing I have been doing most days since I broke my foot six weeks ago.
Looking at it and thinking of places we could be.
Also checked the progress of the spider webs on it.

CARBONE
Explorer
Explorer
Overnight In Willmote NH,then drove to Woodstock VT. to hike up Mt Tom, 1st trip since major operation,(7-27-11) next Shenandoah- Blue Ridge Mts, gotta keep fit (78&86)

applegater
Explorer
Explorer
Got it ready to use as part of an aid station for a 100 mile endurance run tomorrow in southern Oregon.

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
Finally changed the 12 VDC circuit breaker for the Dometic fridge from 15A to 20A. It had been popping occasionally when driving, more often in recent trips. It is not too surprizing with the fridge rated at 14.7A on 12 VDC and a 15A circuit breaker. The old one was manual reset and the new one is self-resetting when it cools down. The fridge works fine. We will see what happens on the next trip.
Alain
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
We've been busy getting our B ready for another extended trip of over a month. So today I took my B to the dealer to get a couple of nagging warranty items fixed (loose door panel and defective light switch). While there I asked them to look at our 2 panel bi-fold bathroom door and see if they could make it slide a bit smoother. Better yet they said they could convert it to a double opening door on hinges. An hour later it was done and they did a super job. The latest GWV Legends have gone to the double door design. Our B may have been one of the last with a sliding bi-fold door that they had been building for several years. The bi-fold door was the one thing we would have had changed had we made a decision to buy the B before had been installed. We gave it a try but we are now glad it is converted. One leaf will pretty much stay latched full time and we will only need to open the other to go in and out.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

applegater
Explorer
Explorer
Took it North yesterday to watch grandkids run in cross country meet and returned early this am, 300 miles. Have a couple of more than 600 mile roundtrips to meets. The "B" sure makes it nice.

What_Next
Explorer
Explorer
Checked tire pressure , filled up water . Think I may head over to Hershey for RV Show.
2008 Southwind 32v

JoeRT04
Explorer
Explorer
Took the RT to our local Chevy dealer yesterday to check the fuses set up for the whole vehicle. My 2 cigarette lighter fuses were burning out. The technician found the problem. It was a bad socket in both cases. (Not unusual I'm told...)

Also had all belts and hoses, fluids checked.
All is well there. I gave a tour of our Roadtrek to some of the service people there. I got some questions like... "You have a shower in there???" :C

I changed my Genny oil today. Lots of fun under the RT! Now that I've done that task a few times, it has become old hat. Having a pillow under my head while doing the job makes it a lot easier. :B
2015 Class B Roadtrek Zion

dreed
Explorer
Explorer
That will teach me to preview the message before sending. Ha.
Dave

dreed
Explorer
Explorer
SentSpam (813)[Empty all the messages from the Spam folder]Trash[Empty all the messages from the Trash folder]Search ShortcutsMy PhotosMy AttachmentsChat & Mobile Text[Hide]
I am Offline0 Online Contacts[Add]Not Listed? New Chat0 Mobile Contacts[Add]Not Listed? New Text
Settings
My Folders[Add a new folder - Edit folders]AlicearchiveExcessNext TripRVTemporaryTravelWitness Stuff
Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to MessagesMark as Unread | Print
ReplyReply AllMove...AlicearchiveExcessNext TripRVTemporaryTravelWitness Stuff Flag this message[ No Subject ]Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:38 PMFrom: This sender is DomainKeys verified"David Reed" View contact detailsTo: "David Reed" Well I've had the 2004 Excel TD for a couple of months now. So far I've: installed a Trik-R-Start.
deativated the drl's.
installed 2meter ham antenna.
installed a seat belt and a catalytic heater [I like living on the edge]. replaced both cable operated dump valves.
a backup camera.
replaced all interior bulbs with led's.
replaced the shower sprayer with a dish sprayer.
replanstalled refer and outside temp indicator.
rotated and balanced tires.
oil and filter, polished.
replaced the house battery.
brake job.
guess that's about it.
Dave