cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
yizit - I can't seem to find the Show GSC Badge anywhere. Maybe they have removed it?

Why don't you try asking your question in "Forum Tech Support" instead of this thread, which is about "What did you do to your Class B today"?

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
yizit - I can't seem to find the Show GSC Badge anywhere. Maybe they have removed it?

MarshaNichols
Explorer
Explorer
Washed Vanna today...lots of work...she was very dirty...sparkling now! :C

MarshaNichols
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed...I can't seem to get my Good Sam noted in my profile either...oh well.

Yesterday I drove a couple miles to my local gas station and checked all tires...filled one as needed. On my way down my hill, I had it in second gear, brake on, and made a gentle, slow turn to go on another road down...heard a "funny sound" from the front left and at the gas station and again at home, a smell...not a brake smell. Nothing leaking this morning and the smell is gone. To be safe, I am taking it to Chevy tomorrow to have it looked at in case something snapped. Don't need a problem on a road trip. I'll let everyone know the problem/solution in case it happens to you. (2012 RT 170).

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Packing the B for the four day Grassroots Music Festival outside of Ithaca NY. About 65 performers and bands, four stages, and nonstop music 24/7. lots of bluegrass, Cajun zydeco, and just about everything else mixed in. Not the place to be if you don't like noise and crowds but the weather is suppose to be great, the music and food will be awesome, and I can always escape to my B parked on the infield behind the grandstand. Coolers are full. Lets see, where are my tie died t-shirts...
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Charles, If it's a Dodge van chassis, I have a vague memory of steering stops on each side that need periodic greasing. Can't recall where they are or what they look like, but I think mine were noisy at full lock until found & greased.

Jim, "The real world is not user-friendly."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

charles
Explorer
Explorer
Today I had a complete mechanical check done at my "forever used" mechanic shop. Replaced the battery which was dead the last two mornings, it was old and wouldn't hold a charge. 5 new tires, the old ones were from 2005 and looked almost like 4 snow tires, they were also very loud, the spare was original from 1995 so replaced them all, couldn't use the "snow tires" for a spare as they wouldn't fit under the spare tire cover. One more noise in the front end they're trying to find but they can't duplicate the noise that I've heard several times when turning the wheels all the way and pulling into a parking space. Should have it back tonight or tomorrow then start cleaning.

Nick
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Roadtrekker2...not sure how, it just showed up. If you go to My Profile look for "Show GSC Badge" and click YES. Not sure if that is it, but it is the only thing I can think of. We were on a trip when one of our windows started leaking, and we took it to a RV dealer who re-caulked around the window. The kid who did the work said they didn't have black. We stopped somewhere and looked at it again and we just couldn't accept the work. When we went back to complain, we asked him to put white around the other windows so it matched. Amazingly, the kid found a tube of black. Hmmmmm.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
yizit - how did you get the Good Sam Club member on your signature?

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
WHAT were they thinking! Luckily, they put the black goop on all three windows to re-seal them, but it looked awful. My husband started putting white caulk over the black (the black was PERMANENT!) but had to stop because of the weather and other things needing to be done. It does look a bit better now, but he's not done. It will never look as good as it did! Did you go to your dealer or just a glass shop?

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Roadtrekker2....We had just the opposite happen...they used white instead of black. We took it back and they removed the caulk and replaced it with black. Another solution you could try is use a white caulk over the other windows to make them match. Just what were they thinking????
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we discovered one of our skylights in the RT had been struck with a BB gun or a rock and made a hole in it and shattered the glass (which didn't fall out.) We covered it until we could get to a glass shop and got another one ordered. Last week, the fellow put it in, but used BLACK glazing compound on the outside!! It is permanent. And he knew it was when he tried to remove some sloppy work. We should have taken it to our RV place! Live and learn.

jimervin
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the low pressure hose from the gas regulator. The outside was soft on one end.
jim

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Yizit, you might want to look at Spectracide's Triazicide. It's a granulated insecticide that I sprinkle in circles around the tires and power cord of the Tiger about 2-3 times a year. Parked on grass & gravel, but no ant problems in years.

Jim, "I never finish anyth....."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Today while filling the fresh water tanks, we discovered ants were taking up room and board in the fill valve...:E It's amazing how they can crawl up the door frame and into that little tiny hole in the cap. With gloved hand and ant spray, we were able to evict them before the whole colony jumped on board and their eggs hatched. They had about a quarter size area covered with eggs. Needless to say, we sanitized the tanks with bleach and let it over flow to make sure we got rid of any that may have been further down the pipe. Creepy!!! Didn't find any on the inside.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear