cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

mikeandlisa
Explorer
Explorer
My DH added knobs to our new cabinets and drawers.

And a toilet paper holder to the bathroom...you would think this would be a standard item:R
http://mikeandlisaworld.blogspot.com/

Kimbopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned the interior - though it was already very clean from the dealer when I picked it up yesteray.

Also started transferring my camping equipment from the storage shed to the rig. My Weber table-top grill fits! Sadly, the table itself does not.
2010 Roadtrek 190 Popular
http://www.kimbopolo.blogspot.com

Aikensbest
Explorer
Explorer
Sold It. Will miss ya'll
Aikensbest
2001 GreatWestClassic

charles
Explorer
Explorer
Flushed out the hot water tank and put in a new anode rod.

Nick
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Just got it back from the garage. New front brakes, replaced all the older rubber in the steering and front end, lubed, alignment, repacked the rear Diff., new muffler, and New York State inspection. Still got two or three more trips planned for this year before parking it for the winter.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Today I will be emptying out our B after a two month long trip to Alaska and back and start making some pesky repairs and cleaning it up for the next trip to the BEE Social in Wisconsin next month.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
I had to chase wasps out of mine-I had covered all the usual places before with screen but this time I found them in the cracks of the doors behind the hinge on the drivers side a leaf blower did the job guess Im going to need to look in the engine compartment and who knows where else too-the heat here has made the insects prolific this year

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Probably would work pretty well mounted inside on the celling somewhere as long as it's above any metal sides. I find radio reception inside my B improves as long as the antenna is above the metal sides of the van. I don't think a fiberglass roof is much thicker than a PVC pipe.

When I installed a in-dash AM/FM/MP3 player in the back I looked into all sorts of outside antennas first and tried a couple. I found a 3 foot wire run in the top inside of the upper cabinets worked just as well for FM as the commercial antennas mounted outside. No holes, no fuss, saved $15-$25.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
stan909 wrote:
As a curiosity. Did you try the antenna inside the coach before mounting it outdoors?

No, I didn't think to try that, but it is advertised mainly as an outdoor antenna. They provide suction cups to presumably mount the antenna (temporarily) on a window, but I didn't think it would be high enough in the RT for line-of-sight.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
As a curiosity. Did you try the antenna inside the coach before mounting it outdoors?

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Stan for the comment. It has worked out really well. For example, we were at Myrtle Beach State Park and our site was quite far from the office/store where the wifi signal originates, with lots of trees and other RV's between. Everyone else in our loop had to carry their computer to the office/store, but we were able to access the park's wifi from inside the Roadtrek. On the trip down, we used to have to carry the computer into a Staples or Lowe's or McDonald's, but now we can sit in comfort in the Roadtrek. In fact, at one place, the Lowe's across the road - about a half mile at least - provided the best wifi connection. The antenna is essentially a combo antenna and network card and connects to the computer's USB port. The internal card/antenna will show maybe a couple of weak signals but the external card/antenna will pull in as many as 20 signals. Now, not all of them are "unsecured", but only once we couldn't find an unsecured hotspot. So we just moved down the road and found one!

I know that lots of folks happily use mifi from Verizon and others, but being Canadian, I refuse to pay for a service that I can't use economically in both countries. For the time being, we're very happy with this wifi approach.

HERE IS a link to the C Crane website. (I have no financial interest in the company; just a satisfied customer)
Jerry & Susie

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. That is very clever. Tell us how it works out. You will get a lot of stares and questions from other campers.

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I didn't do this "today", but just took some pics of the CCrane wifi antenna installation on our RT. This setup allows us to access a park's wifi from inside the van instead of having to take the netbook or notebook to the park office. It has exceeded our expectations. We can also park in the middle of a shopping center or motel parking lot and find lots of usable wifi signals.

Even though the antenna is "waterproof", I made up an enclosure using central vacuum tubing (the white tubing and white cap) and various PVC plumbing and electrical fittings that a Home Depot associate helped me with. The antenna and mast are attached with tie wraps (UV protected) to a piece of aluminum angle that's screwed to the air conditioner vent. It's very stable. It does "lean forward" a bit due to the slope of the vent, but performance doesn't suffer. The USB cable extension sits in the "gutter" and enters the RT through the stove fan vent.
Jerry & Susie

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Gassed it up. Hooking the canoe/kayak trailer up tomorrow and loading it for a week of camping in the Catskills. Will be doing some hiking and canoing with my wife and dog. Suppose to be perfect weather the whole time. mid 70s day/mid 50s night. (My wife asked me what I wanted to do for my 60th).
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
Sure won't use much battery stuff, very nice OldRadios.

Bud