cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I started removing the caulking around my leaking skylight in my bathroom. I'm still working on it today. Odd, I had most of it removed yesterday and it rained this morning. Guess what? The skylight didn't leak. I think I know why. I see it as a design flaw and that the sealant was not tooled right because you couldn't tool in a deep narrow gap of about a half inch clearance between the skylight frame and the rain gutter. Water was trapped and eventually came through. Without the sealant I pulled out the water just flowed by and not in. Still I'll have to figure out how to reseal it properly. I'll probably make a custom tool to work in the narrow gap.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a 155 watt monocrystaline solar panel and a cheap 20 amp controller. I will add a mppt controller at a later date. I noticed the panel was not charging but realized that the controller has an automatic shutoff if the batteries are full so I turned on a couple of fans and my freezer. It started charging right away. I live in the Inland Empire in SoCal so although I don't like to do it that way,I did the install at night. I took it real slow so everything works fine. Started about 10:30 pm and finished at 1:30 am

doghouse_owner
Explorer
Explorer
Removed my side decals from my RT. Given the heat, I didn't have time to get out the ladder and work on the rear door adverts, the opera windows or "Roadtrek" decal above the front windshield (besides which I doubt I could have reached them even on a ladder). The decals pulled away using a fingernail to start, a plastic putty knife as needed and some goof-off, mineral spirits and paper towel. No hair dryer needed. Just the heat from the sun.

I then washed the rig with Turtle Wax wash and wax, then finished with some NuFinish on the panels where the decals had been removed. I then hit the window gaskets, door bumpers and handles, my Swingaway box and the foot treads with some 303 Aero and the tires with some No Touch Tire Shine.

Last month I had applied NuFinish to the entire rig, so didn't feel the need to do more than the decal areas. Last week I had polished my front windows and mirrors with 4-0 steel wool and 2 layers of RainX so didn't bother with anything special for the glass this time around.

Now for a cold brew. I definitely like the more "discrete" look. Not true stealth as the front and rear door stickers are still present, but I may leave those for a bit. Oh, yeah, also left the high side pinstripes (I would have needed that ladder). They actually look good. Remember, my rig is just plain old bright polar white. With silver on the base/bottom panels.
Wendy
Owned and trained by Cocoa, Mikey and the Ollie-man - all with great recalls

2008 Roadtrek RS Adventurous - recall x 3
2009 Honda Sport Fit - no recall
Stowaway2 on swingaway tow frame - no recall
2002 Honda Odyssey EXL - now with a recall!

Admin
Please stay on topic
I have had to delete a few posts.
Thanks

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
OldRadios wrote:
Sold it.

A person of few works ... are you planning to get something new or newer?? What did you sell?

Just curious ... or some might call it nosey. 🙂
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Sold it.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
The 12 Volt heater in our Dometic 3-way fridge burned out, and we don't like driving with propane on. Today I did a small re-wiring job so that the previously installed 1500 W inverter can power the fridge when driving. Since the 120 V heater has a higher power rating than the 12 V heater, we're hopeful that the fridge will run a bit colder when driving.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

kmessinger
Explorer
Explorer
Today I put a picture of my Sprinter on the TomTom to follow around.

Keith
2017.5 Winnebago Travato.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
retraite wrote:
Davydd wrote:
Also replaced a tail lamp. That turned out to be rather easy to do as the instructions are right in the Mercedes Benz manual. What they don't tell you is what kind of screwdriver to use which I happened to have stored in the back door. It was not Phillips or Robertson. I forget the name but it is star shaped.

I have a hunch you mean Torx.

Cheers.

Correcto mundo! I just had a brain fart and didn't want to take the time to look it up as I was typing. It was there in the back door storage and I couldn't remember why (it was for the license plate) but having tools in both basement and garage and often going into a panic trying to gather the right tools that gets me cussing under my breath it was a pleasant surprise to find it right there at hand. It was all I needed except for the bulb which required a trip to the auto store.
Davydd

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Finished installing a Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C surge protector. Nice setup when it's done
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd wrote:
Also replaced a tail lamp. That turned out to be rather easy to do as the instructions are right in the Mercedes Benz manual. What they don't tell you is what kind of screwdriver to use which I happened to have stored in the back door. It was not Phillips or Robertson. I forget the name but it is star shaped.

I have a hunch you mean Torx.

Cheers.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
I re-sealed my bathroom skylight with 100% silicone sealant. The original sealant showed wear and cracking and there was a small leak. I only did a temporary fix as I didn't disassemble and remove all the old sealant. I may redo it later.

Davydd

Darrah
Explorer
Explorer
Sanitized the water tanks.
Pat (human I think.)
2015 MyPod by Little Guy.
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded the frig...leaving for the weekend tomorrow.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded the bike on the back of the RT and went to a Rail Trail to do some riding. Left the other van for my DW just in case she wanted to go shopping,etc. RT is used as our second vehicle when we are at home and not traveling.