cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Dan86300zxt
Explorer
Explorer
The solid copper wire was used because I found that I could only get the pilot to light with the wire positioned into the path of the pilot light flame. The last 4" of the solid copper wire was wrapped in fiberglass cloth and taped really well to prevent the wire from heat and arcing where it wasn't supposed to.

LOL..crimp connectors, fiberglass cloth, scrap AC wiring, zipties and electrical tape...I sure can MacGyver almost anything.

*I probably should add this modification, as its another good one.

-I replaced the original 1977 3way fridge with a modern larger capacity 110v unit. I have redesigned our MH electrical system, and this 110v fridge only pulls approx. 100 watts when the compressor turns on and runs.(does not use alot of power at all)

-After trimming it all up and securing it into the original fridge location, I decided to use the original propane line for the old fridge as a fuel supply to our portable coleman grill.

-I bought a 9ft rubber propane gas hose extension, a gas shut-off valve, and proper adapter fittings.

When we camp, I can now open the outside door for access behind the fridge and un-coil the 9ft propane hose and hook up our small coleman grill.
**NO MORE NEED FOR additional SMALL PROPANE TANKS,uses the on-board MH propane tank**

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Solid copper wire ideal, Good thinking there man.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

Dan86300zxt
Explorer
Explorer
I got an itch to do a modification after reading about someone upgrading their stove top and oven to light the pilots with an electronic piezo ignitor.

*I'm cheap, so I spent two bux on ebay for a universal push button type piezo ignitor to a BBQ Grill.

-In my 1977 Dodge Class C, the stove top is the biggest pain to light, normally requiring me to remove a tiny securing thumb screw and pop the top assembly off to light the pilot.

**I took the push button piezo ignitor and mounted it in the control panel for the stove, and then wired it in and fussed with the location for a little bit so it sparked to ignite the pilot.
(used 14 ga solid copper AC wires)

***It took me an hour or so to do, but now lights the stove top pilot everytime I click the ignitor.

^^^YAY!!! no more fussing with the Darned Cook Top, just push the button and flop the oven door open to easily light the pilot for the oven. Much less effort!!

Dan

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Poodle Power wrote:
We have been doing this over the past week. We are getting ready to go on our first long trip in our 2011 Winnebago View 24J. We took the cabover mattress out. My husband carpeted the area. He rolled the carpet around a dowel and stapled it to the dowel. Now we have some nice storage boxes up there that can't slide out accidentally. He also put a 4 foot mirrow inside the closet door for me. Today he checked everything and made sure it was ok. Tomorrrow we will finsih putting in the rest of the clothing and the food. We will leave Wednesday Morning. Going to Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and what ever is in between. First long trip in 4 years.
That sounds like a fun trip, Be safe and may the good Lord ride with you each and every mile.

Poodle_Power
Explorer
Explorer
We have been doing this over the past week. We are getting ready to go on our first long trip in our 2011 Winnebago View 24J. We took the cabover mattress out. My husband carpeted the area. He rolled the carpet around a dowel and stapled it to the dowel. Now we have some nice storage boxes up there that can't slide out accidentally. He also put a 4 foot mirrow inside the closet door for me. Today he checked everything and made sure it was ok. Tomorrrow we will finsih putting in the rest of the clothing and the food. We will leave Wednesday Morning. Going to Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and what ever is in between. First long trip in 4 years.

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Well, last weekend--washed up the new shiny finish, came out looking very nice. Charged the AGM batteries with the new 40 amp Vector charger with the generator--took over 5 hours and had to quit before "full" (Volt reading @ 13.1). I had hoped it would take less time. Sanitized the water tank with pool chlorine--it is double household bleach strength so I used half the recommended amount and rinsed and refilled the tank after a 6 hour soak. I'm embarrassed to say this is the first time we did it in over a year because the water was starting to get a "taste". Trying to figure out how to install the new voltmeters--still not sure where the load side should be connected.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered the Left side Awning Spring. Should have replaced them both last year when the right side spring let go. What a noise they make when they break.

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
installed new LED lights under the cabinets in the living room and galley. these are not led replacement lights, but velcro-attached swivel lights, 3xAA battery powered. these are to be used either in addition to or instead of the 12 volt coach lights.
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

Winniecouple
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoyed 3 days camping at a music festival with 30,000 rednecks....
Really enjoyed "people watching" after the music was done around midnight Saturday, THEN it started raining. Seeing all the drunks and hung over people the next morning, trying to roll up wet tents and canopys (still raining 12 hours later), all their cardboard boxes wouldnt hold anything anymore, no one had any rain gear, only shorts and t-shirts, muddy as could be. All we had to do was pull our tire covers off, and we were ready to hit the road.
OH do we LOVE our motorhome... Lots of nice 5ers and all, but to just plop into the drivers seat and drive away.... GOOD TIME.
Winniecouple
1982 20' Minnie Winnie
29,212 miles

ret-miner
Explorer
Explorer
Wash and wax

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
snowdance wrote:
Thanks Tenbear

Thats what I thought it was but did not see the post. Its on my list of things to do. You are my wifes hero..

Aw shucks! :B
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
Crawled under the coach this weekend to undercoat all the framing and braces from future rusting. I found this useful on previous campers so I figured it'd apply to a motorized unit as well. Found quite a bit of surface rust on all the underside where the frame was extended and other tid-bits. Coated with RustOleum Rust Transformer on Saturday all the spots that had surface rust. Finished up today with RustOleum Rust Stop black semi-gloss. Looks great, protected from future rust, and converted any existing rust!

I know it seems anal but I want this thing to last!
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Tenbear

Thats what I thought it was but did not see the post. Its on my list of things to do. You are my wifes hero..
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

nightowl_94536
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed "Tire Sentry" pressure monitor system on my Class C Tioga
31W. Easy to install with velcro on the dash and 12V from the cigarette lighter. Easy screw on valve stem transmitters with anti theft tool required for removal. I'm very glad I installed one-piece 6" valve stems from "duallyvalve.com

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Tenbear This will be going into my stove when I finish the build.