cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Winniecouple wrote:
took ours to a wedding and party at the local lake... sure was nice to have our own restroom, the wind didnt bother us at all, though i do think more now about some stabilizing jacks so i dont get the suspension sway. It got pretty cool at night too. SURE glad we were NOT in a tent.
it was MY first experience with FULL hook ups. Not sure if i like it....? Getting the stinky slinky cleaned seemed a bit more detailed than at the dump?
OR... was it just because i had the ability and time to spend on it...?
either way, it was a great outing.

On your slinky did you leave your valves open while hooked up?
You should not leave them open only open them as your tanks fill up or you end up with a mess in your slinky.:E
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

eeaton1
Explorer
Explorer
Got Maintenance II done and gen serviced. Now ready for next trip to mountains:)

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
TreeSeeker wrote:
Sonicsix,

>I installed an outlet that bypasses the RV electrical system.

Unless you added a circuit breaker, then you have an unprotected system. I would also want a GFI outlet. Or, you can add a GFI circuit breaker.

The breaker is on the pedestal.

TreeSeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Sonicsix,

>I installed an outlet that bypasses the RV electrical system.

Unless you added a circuit breaker, then you have an unprotected system. I would also want a GFI outlet. Or, you can add a GFI circuit breaker.

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
I installed an outlet that bypasses the RV electrical system. The outlet is in the kitchen and the wire runs to a male plug located under the camper, accessible by opening a storage door. I can then run a standard 20A extension cord from there to the pedestal so I can run the toaster oven AND the A/C at the same time now!

I also swapped out the single Walmart 12v marine battery that was in it to two 6v GC2 batteries.

Winniecouple
Explorer
Explorer
took ours to a wedding and party at the local lake... sure was nice to have our own restroom, the wind didnt bother us at all, though i do think more now about some stabilizing jacks so i dont get the suspension sway. It got pretty cool at night too. SURE glad we were NOT in a tent.
it was MY first experience with FULL hook ups. Not sure if i like it....? Getting the stinky slinky cleaned seemed a bit more detailed than at the dump?
OR... was it just because i had the ability and time to spend on it...?
either way, it was a great outing.
Winniecouple
1982 20' Minnie Winnie
29,212 miles

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
Removed and replaced the 9800 converter in the basement of the Class C yesterday. Should have been a 15 minute job but ended up around 45 minutes as you have to disasseble the bed or the control box to unplug the converter. Anyway it is done.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
I filled up today here in Harlan Kentucky, $3.99 a gallon, Yes that is bad , But think about this, We are paying more for water than we are paying for Gas,....LOL (By the Bottle)
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

rgrcpa
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from a successful 15 day trip to Florida and South Louisiana. Learned how to reconnect the toilet foot pedal link to my flush valve. Everything worked fine on the rig except the water pump. It won't run the water when disconnect from the city water. I can hear the pump running but nothing comes out of any faucet. Since we don't dry camp, this was not a problem' only an inconvenience.

Boy, is gas expensive on the road. Ran from 4.00 a gallon down to $3.53 a gallon. BTW, that low figure only held for two days at a Racetrac service station.
Rick Roberts
RV Part-timer
2002 Jayco Granite Ridge 32'

ret-miner
Explorer
Explorer
Fired up all propane appliances

Jason_Nipp
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed all my drawers. I had a drawer break on my last trip, while replacing the plastic slide anchors I noticed all of my plastic drawer supports were pretty much broken. So I fixed all of them. Man do the drawers work nicely now... go figure... ๐Ÿ˜‰
99 Itasca Spirit 31T

ColoRocky2
Explorer
Explorer
Single Handle Kitchen Faucet

Replaced the two handle faucet with a single handle - $25 Home Depot
I tend to use a lot of water while dishwashing, so the concept here was quick on/off and better temp control.
2016 Coachmen Freelander 27QBC - Chevy 6.0L V8
2007 Coachmen Freelander 2430 - Chevy 6.0L V8 (Totaled due to Hail)
2007 Harley Sportster

bobwalter
Explorer
Explorer
Finished setting up the Jeep Wrangler for towing. Lights, towbar and wiring complete. Ready to go.

Bob
Lynda & Bob ..N8DUV
2000 Safari Trek
sunny Sebastian, Florida

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Nutten.:M
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

Maddawgs
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
Installed MaxxAir vent covers (3) and shortened the 30 amp power cord so I could fit my portable 30 amp SurgeGuard in the electrical bay with the door closed. Installed a 30 amp pedestal at the house so I can hook up at home.
Todd
Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"