cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Replant wrote:
All I've done so far is mow the lawn. Today is a day of rest after doing a leak test and giving half of the rig 4 coats of RMP3 yesterday.
PaulJ2 posted a great idea for doing a leak test if you have a FanTastic fan and it worked better than I expected. The procedure is to close up the rig as much as possible. Close all windows, vents and put the vehicle A/C control on re-circulate. Set the FanTastic fan on intake at high speed. I gave it some time to build up pressure and then washed the whole RV with a strong solution of Dawn. It even blew bubbles out of the clearance lamp weep holes.
Great Ideal
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

Replant
Explorer
Explorer
rehoppe wrote:
Replant wrote:
All I've done so far is mow the lawn. Today is a day of rest after doing a leak test and giving half of the rig 4 coats of RMP3 yesterday.
PaulJ2 posted a great idea for doing a leak test if you have a FanTastic fan and it worked better than I expected. The procedure is to close up the rig as much as possible. Close all windows, vents and put the vehicle A/C control on re-circulate. Set the FanTastic fan on intake at high speed. I gave it some time to build up pressure and then washed the whole RV with a strong solution of Dawn. It even blew bubbles out of the clearance lamp weep holes.

So where were your 'leaks' at, that you need to fix?

Sounds like a Prime idea.

Actually all of the bubbles that appeared, with the exception of one, were indications that the unit was pressurized. Huge bubble or two coming from the window weep holes and from the clearance lamp weep holes. That indicates that the holes are doing their job. The only one that really concerns me is a bubble that came from below a mysterious, almost full length, trim that was installed a few inches below the gutter rail on the left side. This trim was placed on top of the graphics, almost completely covering it. I feel that it's purpose is to cover a long break in the siding. It could serve no other purpose. Many months ago I started to remove it and after a couple of feet I could find nothing odd so I replaced the trim and applied ProFlex RV on the seam. However, the rest of the seam is silicone so when I start a new tube of ProFlex I'll pull the silicone off and seal it correctly. However, since no bubbles appeared above this secondary rail it must mean that there is an opening behind that thing.

I must add that the RMP3 sure does attract attention. My neighbor across the street came over and asked "What in the world did you do?" He even touched it to see if it was a wet shine.

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
Within the past week we have purchased our first class C and are continuing to put our touches to it. Our initial short list included one with a large slide in the living room. We found a very well taken care of 2000 Winnebago Minnie Winnie DL and gave a lot of weight to the current and previous owners care of this unit. We travel with three dogs and are removing half of the dinette and one chair; that should almost give us the room the slide would have given us. The previous owner had taken out the carpet and put wooden floors in throughout the unit; we loved that!

Tomorrow, I'll change the curtains in the cabover. I see a short road trip to "check" things out Christmas week-end.
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

rehoppe
Explorer
Explorer
Replant wrote:

So where were your 'leaks' at, that you need to fix?

Sounds like a Prime idea.
Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

Replant
Explorer
Explorer

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Passed the emissions test so she can be tagged for another year. :B
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

johnbhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Well we didn't really do it today, but recently we've added a Dish Tailgater to our arsenal of gadgets.

_It works great!_

We simply hook it to the receiver, plunk it in a likely-looking spot, power everything up and leave it alone for a half hour or so. If we're lucky and not trying to see through a bunch of trees we're automagically watching HDTV.

It helps to have a hand-bearing compass such as the cheapo Winegard to ascertain the probable tree interference; in our area the bearing on the sats is southwest, not Dish's "southern sky."

In a couple of parks in which the Tailgater couldn't hit all the sats at least SD was available.
-C&J-
www.fugawetribe.com

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed a replacement propane alarm and a new direct wired Carbon Monoxide alarm. Since I had already tapped into the wires for the battery meters it was pretty easy to do. Both alarms are the Safe T Alert brand. The CO alarm fit exactly vertically next to the propane alarm and the new propane alarm IS a direct replacement for the CCI that was original in the coach (that was stamped March 02 on the back for an 03 model.) It fit the existing hole and screw placement exactly. The old one started going off for no reason about a month ago and your collective advice was to replace it. The new one says replace in 60 months after the install. Next I need new batteries.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
well, you know those signs that say "speed enforced by aircraft". gotta know when to back it down from 90. ๐Ÿ˜‰

actually, i think i am just not used to seeing the view from so high up. it just looks a bit odd.
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
W4MBG wrote:
i need to adjust the camera angle a bit, as it is tilted down a bit too far. 75% road/25% sky.

You need to see more sky? Are trying to keep an eye on planes that might be getting too close?

:?
Lee

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
finally got a chance to test out the cheap-o Peak wireless back-up camera/monitor system. the silly thing works great! very little interference, and that is probably due to the transmitter just lying on the desk in the back and powering it from the portable jumper battery. most of the time (95% or so) the picture was rock steady. just an occasional static bar. i have mounted the camera on a pair of metal bars attached to the inside of the rear window frame. i need to adjust the camera angle a bit, as it is tilted down a bit too far. 75% road/25% sky. about a 25-foot transmit distance. recommended!
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
Replaced the little plastic "catch" in the pleated door leading to the bedroom. It went easily, but I don't know what I'd have to do to replace the one that serves as shower door/curtain. It's mounted in an aluminum track at the top and runs in a plastic channel at the bottom. For the one today, all I had to do was take a few screws out of the plastic upper track and drop the end out of it. Then I slid the end down the hall till it separated from the fabric.

We added a second "catch" to ours to hold it closed while driving. Velcro with adhesive tape :B works great
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

AndyfromTucson
Explorer
Explorer
I worked with our handyman yesterday to:

- Remove the massive propane tank that the previous owner installed under the chassis aft of the rear axle. The previous owner had configured the MH to run on propane or gasoline in order to take advantage of a short-lived Arizona alt-fuels tax credit which nearly bankrupted the state in 2000-2001. I removed the tank because when I weighed the RV for the first time with full water it was about 500 lbs over the GAWR on the sticker. I previously removed a spare tire the previous owner precariously mounted on the flimsy rear bumper, and a hitch receiver, so now we should hopefully be under the rear axle GAWR (at least when the fresh water tank has only a few gallons in it).

- Dispose of the massive propane tank in minutes through the magic of a craigslist "free" posting.

- Install one 135 watt solar panel.

- Remove the silicon on the roof front seam and apply Eternabond over the whole seam. Hopefully that will fix the cabover leak that the local RV dealership has not been able to fix in two attempts (they put on the silicon).

RC_Dutchmen
Explorer
Explorer
6 new Michelin XPS Ribs and a cheaper, same size spare. OUCH!!!!
2001 Dutchmen Express 28A

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replaced the little plastic "catch" in the pleated door leading to the bedroom. It went easily, but I don't know what I'd have to do to replace the one that serves as shower door/curtain. It's mounted in an aluminum track at the top and runs in a plastic channel at the bottom. For the one today, all I had to do was take a few screws out of the plastic upper track and drop the end out of it. Then I slid the end down the hall till it separated from the fabric.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB