cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

RFV
Explorer
Explorer
taylorgso wrote:
RFV wrote:
Hey all,

Any of you who own a vintage Dodge B300 Sportsman ever replace the sole gray/back water tank? The one that I have has held it's last (it's falling apart). It is a round tank so I seriously doubt I would find a similar replacement and will most likely end up using a Barker/Thetford/Tote-N-Store tank if I cannot find a replacement.

Rudy

If you can get it off in pretty much one piece, wrap it in fiberglass cloth and coat with rssin. You may want to do this x 2 . I had same problem years ago when I hit a road object that took a big chunk out of my black water tank. Messy - be sure to wear gloves & clean and dry the tank well before ou start. It'll hold forever!

Thanks for the suggestion! I had not thought of that as a solution.

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
Finished sealing the roof with Dicor. Didn't see anything that I thought was a leak, but I did see a small bubble, 2" x4". Guess I'll just watch it for now.

Did the same with ours.. good stuff!! Was thinking about getting some eternabond tape but may not. Used the self-leveling although I used it like normal caulking which was a plus since it evened itself which made it nice a smooth. Apparently it has a leak in the front passenger area right where the AC runoff pools. Sucks didn't notice it when we bought it or would of skipped it. All I had one was tube so going to get some more and finish the roof and eventually work my way to the sidewalls.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

lavendergirl
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded up so we can hit the road on Saturday for Nakusp Hot Springs ๐Ÿ™‚

taylorgso
Explorer
Explorer
RFV wrote:
Hey all,

Any of you who own a vintage Dodge B300 Sportsman ever replace the sole gray/back water tank? The one that I have has held it's last (it's falling apart). It is a round tank so I seriously doubt I would find a similar replacement and will most likely end up using a Barker/Thetford/Tote-N-Store tank if I cannot find a replacement.

Rudy

If you can get it off in pretty much one piece, wrap it in fiberglass cloth and coat with rssin. You may want to do this x 2 . I had same problem years ago when I hit a road object that took a big chunk out of my black water tank. Messy - be sure to wear gloves & clean and dry the tank well before ou start. It'll hold forever!
Ed (N4RWU) & Becky Taylor
Mistie (Walks Four Down)
2014Thor Tuscany XTE 40GQ

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Parked at the Ford dealership so they can reprogram the speedometer and the odometer to work correctly with the new 235/85R16 tires and wheels.

It's hot--but they have a plug for me to use.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Finished waxing the roof. Not bad except it kept threatening to rain, so I only felt comfortable doing a small section at a time. I think I'll put some preservative on the plastic BR vent cover and A/C case before I put the ladder away. Since plain old Turtle Wax does such a good job on the gel coat, I'm gonna buy several bottles so if they discontinue it, I'll have a good supply.

Jim, "Even if the voices I hear aren't real, sometimes they have pretty good ideas."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

Augydog
Explorer
Explorer
Just did the same to a Four Winds 23 easy to install but hard on the back. No lift)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

So sell it?

jdog wrote:
Looked at and wished I never bought it.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Finished sealing the roof with Dicor. Didn't see anything that I thought was a leak, but I did see a small bubble, 2" x4". Guess I'll just watch it for now.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

bob_and_donna
Explorer
Explorer
got a state travel map and new sheets for our trip to Oregon/ Washington in 3 weeks. Put the Colorado state on it since that's where we are starting from.
2012 MVP Thaho 19 RBS

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at and wished I never bought it.

RFV
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

Rudy

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at it, considered washing it, too hot out, will do it when I get a roun toit. Hate cold water running down telescoping water/soap/brush thing, into armpit and down my leg.

gearhead143
Explorer
Explorer
Last trip the AC was vibrating the coach, and the shore line was getting hot, so when I got home I took it into Highway Trailer Sales service department here in Salem, OR. A day later Greg called me and said the AC unit needed to be replaced do to high amp draw and the compressor was failing. All I could see was big dollars, as this unit is a heat pump too,but Greg said he had contacted my warranty company and all was covered, and would be ready to go for our next trip to Trout Creek OR. with the Grand kids.
2004 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 27P
1973 StarCraft 18ft Holiday
2013 Toyota Highlander
1997 Dakota 4X4 392 cid SC Small block

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Read through the insurance policy looking to see if water damage is covered. The repair shop says we need big job done on the front cap where possibly water got in. I need to research this topic elsewhere on this site.