cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where I really envy a Class A

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Owning a Class C myself, where I really envy the A's is their cab seats being good inward-facing lounge chairs too. If our little C could do that, and the TV was in easy view amidships, it would transform the comfort factor in the dark winter evenings out here in Arizona.

Yes, there are many other ways that an A beats a C. Most of them I can live without in order to have the smaller rig. But even a small C could benefit from a well thought out pair of swivel cab seats.

Do the Views and Navions have them?
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
25 REPLIES 25

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gonzo42 wrote:
There is a place in La Habra, CA that sells the swivel to convert your seat, at least if it is a Sprinter. I will try to find it again.

The place you are looking for is Shop4Seats

I missed the swivel seats in my old Class A so
I did a seat in my Class C Like This

I think the OP did the same on a previous RV.

They make the swivel bases for Many other seats
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a '79 Higgins Delta 23 foot class C with seats that swiveled backwards. 'Twas on a Chevy van chassis. Floor plan was weird otherwise, but it had a bathtub in the large rear bathroom, jackknife sofa, folding table dinette, ornate Keebler Cottage cabinetry and fancy amber etc., lighted ceiling, deep orange shag carpets(!!)Dรฉcor was like an Alpine restaurant.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
There is a place in La Habra, CA that sells the swivel to convert your seat, at least if it is a Sprinter. I will try to find it again.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Our C has a step up from the cab to the house. It would be nice if the cab seats could swivel, but it's not that big of a deal for us. With the sofa on the living room slide out and the dinette across from the sofa, it's pretty cozy.

Neither my wife nor I have any problem standing up in the cab and walking to the back. We close off the cab with a thermal curtain to keep the heat in the house in the winter and the cool in the house in the summer.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

cmarq
Explorer
Explorer
we went from pop up to TT's then a class C hated it from day 1 a big mistake. Found a class A that needed major TLC. We are now HAPPY campers

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have a new '15 mh. the cab seats do swivel around for seats in the coach, BUT the coach floor is 3" taller, which in not all that comfortable with your knees a little high.

Dusty

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Both seats in my Class C swivel.It is handy for some things.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sure it'd be nice to have swivel seats in the cab, but for me, it isn't worth going to an A. I can easily move from the cab to the back, my windshield is plenty big for viewing, and the dogs love their "personal" section of the RV when we're parked. They happily sit in the cab seats looking out the windshield for hours at a time, while I get comfy in the back.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

GailS
Explorer
Explorer
Our best friends have a 2014 Navion and their seats do turn around and face the living area. Really nice feature.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the reasons we went with A's is the reuse of the front seats and that great big picture window. Not all A's have seats that turn 180 degrees. The Hurricane I had limited the turn to 90 degrees which we did not notice until after we bought it.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When we went from a TT to an A we looked at a few Cs. My wife could not go from the cab to the house without getting out and using the side door. I could do it but it wasn't easy. That is one reason we went with an A.