cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago recommendations.

PT-RVr
Explorer
Explorer
Well after three seasons of pain and suffering it is time to dump the Forest River sinseeker. I an effort to keep from getting stuck with another piece of garbage, and a less than "helpful" manufacturing company (forgive me...trying to choose words sensitively correct)..we are seeking some feedback. This past week we went to the local RV show looking to maybe move to a Class A. Kind of like some of the Winnebago products (fitting our price range). We liked the Adventurer 32H and also were interested in the Itasca 34T Solei, like the diesel idea in the latter. They both seem to be built nice, but hard to tell these days. Any thoughts from Winnebago owners...thoughts on quality, and most important the integrity of the company? Would you buy another Winnebago product if you had it to do over again? We just don't want to get "stuck" again by a Forest River type company. Thanks for your thoughts.
Part-Time-RVr
1 Wonderfully Fantastic Wife
2 Really Great Kids
2 Crazy Black & Tan Cocker Spaniels
2011 Sunseeker 2860DS 6.8L Triton V-10
2012 Jeep Wrangler
30 REPLIES 30

trutone
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever I want to buy a vehicle, I usually check out the classified ads. If there is an abundance of a particular brand for sale, means to me alot of folks are not real pleased with it. As for Winnebago products, considering there are so many on the road, the number in the ads are pretty slim. Gotta say something about the owners satisfaction with their products.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned 3 Winnebago products ranging from a 1973 Minnie Winnie, a 1987 Itasca Windcruiser, and a 2001 Winnebago Brave. They were all older when we bought them and all have served us very well. The construction, especially the roofs, has been of good quality and most parts have been available. I give Winnebago an A rating.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
We got a Sightseer in 2005 and it is still working great for us. I've had a few maintenance issues which were taken care of by local dealer. I've been to the factory in Iowa three times... Once pre-purchase to see how they are made (very impressive), once about a year after purchase to have a list of little things corrected under warranty (impressed with service), and then a couple of months ago where I wanted some preventive maintenance (check all caulking on roof & sides) and some custom work (replacing analog TV with flat panel and some custom stainless steel trim around the stove recess). Each time I have been there, they treat me like I'm royalty or something...I get excellent results at a fair price.

As we got to know our RV better, we discovered dozens of features we never realized we had - like how the bathroom door opens and meshes with the shower door to form a nice area for toweling down after a shower, or how the limit-cables on the water/power door can easily be slid off a screw so they can open all the way when the slide is not out, and more. I've mad a couple of small modifications to the rig: Replacing all incandescent bulbs with LEDs, reinforcing the dinette bench seat, and replacing the old TV with a flat panel.

The floorplan of ours is perfect for our needs. While I look from time to time at new RVs, I have no strong desire to trade in the one we have. It is that good!
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I like my Winnebago a great deal. I have the Vista 30T. It is too light for the suspension so I installed air ride. I suggest a hard look at the Sightseer in the 33 and up for better ride and some good floor plans or be prepared to make some mods on the smaller Vista. Still well worth it for me but I expected to make this mod.

sealevel_ram
Explorer
Explorer
For our fourth MH, two years ago my wife fell in love with an 04 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom. Could be prejudiced since it is our first Diesel, but we love it.
Last summer we went to Forest City to the W. factory, took the tour, etc.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
We have had two Winnebago products and have been very pleased with both. The build quality is great and manufacturer support is excellent. Winnebago stands behind and supports their products. They also have a stupendous supply of parts for their motorhomes, going back for many years. When looking at one, open the cabinet doors. On the back you will find a stock number. Should you damage one Winnebago can supply an exact replacement. That is true for just about every part on the rig. You really can't go wrong with Winnebago.

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
I now have my second Winnebago Adventurer. Both have been great. So is their owners club!!!
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

ldcross
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with the full wall slide and have not had any problems. In fact it is really give the coach a ton of room with all the slides are out. This coach is a gas Class A and has performed very well. We wanted to avoid the cost of buying a diesel.
2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F

Dadio24
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 32H (Itasca) and love it. We wanted a gasser for the speed and flexibility for getting around in all the National Parks. We tow a Jeep Wrangler and have never had an issue. Not for sure if we will ever go bigger. The layout works very well for our family.

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Our first rig was a 97 Winne Vectra (F53 chassis) and it served us well for 4 years. We were always pleased with the MOHO and I found the quality to be good. If the Winne fits your needs and price range I believe you will find it to be a good product. Good luck.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
I've owned two Winnebagos, one Adventurer and one Journey. Both were good motorhomes and good value for what I paid.

Winnebago makes a good class A and the Adventurer is its top of the line gas Class A. IMO, and based on what I have read on this and another forum, I would avoid any with the full wall slide floor plan if you can. I don't think Winnebago (or maybe some of the other manufacturers) have figured out how to move and suspend a slide that takes up most of one side wall of the coach.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
I have only had one Winnebago. Bought it 23 years ago and it is still going strong. A week ago I replaced an $ .85 part that Winnebago still supplies. As I was putting it on I was thinking how good it is to have a manufacturer still in business and supporting a 1991 product.

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago makes great rigs and have been for a long time. I don't own one but know several that do/did and all were happy with them.

dalehelman
Explorer
Explorer
We would not have anything but a Winnebago now.
Dale & Sandi
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2015 Little Guy T@B Sofitel
Liberty Lake (Spokane) WA.

DIY Manual replacement for Workhorse Auto Park emergency brake.

Stay In Play Duo Toad Braking System

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I feel your pain. I had a dog of a 2013 Thor ACE 27.1 for 3 months before I traded it for a 2013 Winnebago Vista 27N. The Vista is the entry level line, so one would assume it would not have the features or quality of the other lines. I have not found that to be true. It has all the options I could think of having. It handled very well without any alignments, adjustments or add-ons. All the mechanical systems worked, the cabinets and drawers are good quality (especially when compared to the ACE.) After driving 6,000 miles with a toad in multiple trips last summer I have had only two relatively minor warranty issues. The front panel supporting one of the dinette seats came loose when a screw popped out and the fresh water tank siphoned down to 1/3 when driving. Both were easy fixes by the dealer, they put in a corner brace to fasten the dinette panel and re-routed the fresh water tank overflow hose to stop the water loss. If all Winnebagos are like mine I would highly recommend it.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System