cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any New WW Recipes

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Have been on the road for 3 months now, presently on our home from AK. Have used again and again my favorite WW recipes, 98% of which have come from the long running thread on this forum. What I like about this thread is the fact that I've learned that most of the folks who post on here have tried the recipes and only post good ones. I haven't found other web sites to be nearly as reliable. So, am in need of any new WW recipes you may have added to your repertoire. Since we are coming home with salmon, would also love some new fish recipes. Thanks so much for your help!
17 REPLIES 17

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, thanks so much for bringing this back to the forefront. The beef recipe looks great. Will try soon. Thanks again!

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
hokeypokey wrote:
SteveRuff wrote:
I just posted a new halibut recipe I found over on the old WW thread. Trust me, this one is good! We even put it into the "company" file for those rare times we have dinner guests.

Speaking of the old WW thread, I'd be interested in finding it, but I'm not successful.

Here it is for those that are interested. WW Thread

Thanks a million for this !

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
hokeypokey wrote:
SteveRuff wrote:
I just posted a new halibut recipe I found over on the old WW thread. Trust me, this one is good! We even put it into the "company" file for those rare times we have dinner guests.

Speaking of the old WW thread, I'd be interested in finding it, but I'm not successful.

Here it is for those that are interested. WW Thread
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Far and away my most favorite WW recipe of all time.

Chicken Picata
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
On my Alaska trip, I drove down to the Homer Spit and watched the charter boats come in with their catch. Those Halibut that were being unloaded were big enough to be mistaken for a small whale. I'd never seen a halibut before it was cut into steaks. Can't get much fresher than that.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I heard some one was looking for a good Salmon recipe.

Try this one out....SALMON ON THE BBQ GRILL

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Roadrunner wrote:
I too had been wondering where Steve was, good to see you still here. We made the Alaskan trek this summer and had lots of salmon and halibut. We're on our way home now. I used the the Dijon Crusted Fish recipe so much I've about burned us out on that one. Really used most all the recipes on that WW thread, hence I was looking for more "tried and true" recipes.

Maybe we saw you!!! On June 19th DW and I parked the motor home near Seattle and took the 10 day Princess Inner Passage Cruise with the Denali train ride at the end. I don't think I can really get enough halibut and/or salmon, just wish it wasn't so darned expensive!

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I brought home over 150lbs of halibut from AK on our first trip, more if you include the salmon and rockfish. Had to find some good recipies for the fish. Here are three of our favs, Yan Can Cook, recipe for rockfish that looks like a pinecone when you're done with it, Halibut Deep Creek from Capt. Crusty(aka Steve Moe)at Deep Creek Lodge, and Salmon Veronique. Steve is a great cook and guide and showed me how to do the Halibut which is also called, Halibut Olympic. Cut filets to 1/2" thick, butter a 9"X13" glass dish(substitute spray on oil if you want), mix 1/3 low fat Best Foods, 1/3 pameasean cheese(already low fat) and 1/3 low fat sour cream. Spread over fish, bake at 350 until peaks of mixture start to brown. Let it rest for five to ten minutes and serve. The other two are in cook books. Our eldest DD lost over 100 lbs on WW and she still cooks the halibut.

I like to take rockfish filets and coat with a mixture of seasoned bread crumbs and parmeasean cheese and dash oc cyanne peper. Heat a fry pan, melt a tablespoon of butter and put some sliced green onions and diced garlic in the pan. Place fish on top and fry til the butter Browns, repeat for other side. Some folks (DD) uses EVVO instead of butter.

The rockfish is best cooked outside as it is messy to cook due to aplatters. The other two require an oven.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
glad all is well!

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
I too had been wondering where Steve was, good to see you still here. We made the Alaskan trek this summer and had lots of salmon and halibut. We're on our way home now. I used the the Dijon Crusted Fish recipe so much I've about burned us out on that one. Really used most all the recipes on that WW thread, hence I was looking for more "tried and true" recipes.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Leo Benson wrote:
I really like Cooklng Light magazine, real food, no "fake this, mock that". i just made the Japanese meatballs featured in the September issue and they were delicious.
The thread you are referring to is Steve Ruff's, and I haven't seen him around in a while, I hope everything is ok.

I appreciate the thought. I am here and still cooking, although I will confess that I have been more in vacation mode for the last few months. For us that means sampling the local cuisine with a minimum of cooking "in." Alas, sigh, it doesn't take long for it to begin to show:(

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
I know that you're looking for WW recipes, but I highly suggest the "American Heart Association Cookbook"!

We have had to modify DH's diet and have been using this book. I must say, YUMMY! I now LOVE poached fish! DH has lost 23 lbs and I have lost 12 in 4 months. The recipes are not bland or boring, just healthy, satisfying and layered with flavor.

Here is the poached fish recipe: (we use crappie and walleye)

Sauté diced onion and celery in a tblspn canola oil until translucent. Add your fish fillets, pour 1/4 cup white wine, 1 tblspn lemon juice around fish. I sprinkle Mrs Dash's table blend on the fish and some cracked pepper. Place a sprig of tarragon on each fillet and cover. Cook on med heat until fish flakes. Sprinkle with parsley.

Melt some low fat margarine, add chopped parsley and lemon juice. It's nice for dipping. There are other nice cream sauces made with plain yogurt in the book. It's delicious and guilt free!

Enjoy!

Tricia
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7