cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Easy Crock Pot Meal

Bzeitham
Explorer
Explorer
Spray inside of crock Pot with Pam or olive oil. Take and place sauerkraut on the bottom then place a 1 to 2 lb. pork loin on the kraut and add more kraut on top. If you can't get a small pork loin, use a tenderloin. Cook until internal temp is at least 160. Warning! It does stink! Maybe put crock pot outside? But, the pork is so tender.
9 REPLIES 9

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Here's another easy one from this forum, years ago:

Place your choice of chicken pieces in slow cooker, cover with a bottle of French dressing, and add a handful of brown sugar. Let it slow cook all day while you're out hiking. Serve over rice (I always use a bag of Success rice) or egg noodles.
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Or throw in some apple slices.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
For those who don't like regular kraut, maybe use Bavarian style kraut. It's sweeter.

Bzeitham
Explorer
Explorer
As long as it is not a waste of beer!

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bzeitham wrote:
DW reminded me that I do add caraway seed to the kraut. Your call.

Have you also tried adding a can of beer to the mix?

bsandey
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a fan of sauerkraut, but do something similar and just as easy with a pork roast in the crock pot - a can of Hormel Chili on the bottom, pork roast on top, then a second can on top of that. Let that cook until the roast is done, then serve with rice (which the chili goes real good on top of).

swtgran
Explorer
Explorer
Throw some small red or Yukon gold potatoes and your meal is complete. Throw in extra and slice and fry them up for breakfast. Makes the best fried potatoes.
Swtgran
2007 Casita 17ft SD
2005 Toyota Tundra

Bzeitham
Explorer
Explorer
DW reminded me that I do add caraway seed to the kraut. Your call.

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Always looking for easy meals,thany you. Sounds good to me.