cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kuerig Coffee Pods..

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using our Kuerig machine both at home and in the TT for several months now... The PODS can be expensive.. The other day at Costco, I notice their house brand (Kirkland I think) that had 100 PODS for $35.95.. BUT the coffee was called a Bold Blend.. Has anyone tried these Costco Bold PODS? I would hate to buy 100 of them only to find out they are not to my liking... Normally use Folgers or Maxwell House Medium Blend..
31 REPLIES 31

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2.0 wont work with our 4k Onan genny, altho it will make hot water when camping in our toyhauler...

Anyone else have this problem?
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

jwduke
Explorer
Explorer
Well I drink 1-2 cups & wife drinks 1 cup, so the Kuerig is a cheaper alternative to a pot of coffee, Plus my 2nd cup will not taste like its been on the burner for a hour. So you tell me?
'04 Dodge 2500 QC 4x4 w/CTD
'03 Hitchhiker II 31RLBG

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
As I said, I drink tea, the wife drinks coffee. With the Keurig, we both get what we want, don't waste a whole pot of tea or coffee, and there is little mess and fuss. To me, well worth the added cost. The fact I can make hot cocoa and other beverages is a plus. I have also found that buying the K cups at the base commissary is much cheaper than the local supermarkets, glad I still have that privilege.
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
The Keurig is pure convenience, nothing more and nothing less. Turn it on plop in the K-Cup and when done, toss it out. No fuss, no muss!

Is that worth the premium cost? To each, his own............
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
4X4Dodger wrote:
The last time I looked at my local grocery store at the cost of the Keurig cups the coffee came out to be about $18 per pound!... Can anyone really make a good case that the coffee is THAT much better than the whole beans I buy for a little over $8 per pound and put in my french press?

With all due respect to those that have these machines I think there is more than a bit of "gotta have the newest thing" mindset going on here.

I just cant see how the cost difference is justified on any reasonably logical or honest level. But Hey it's their money and a free country and that is what makes the economy go-round...

You can't look at it as a single coffee strategy although yes, some people use Keurig for that purpose and spend a lot of money doing so. But I also know folks who spend $4+ Starbucks every day which I would never do.

I pay $7 for a can of coffee that lasts me for about a month of morning pots of coffee. I can get K-Cups for 60 cents each, sometimes a little more, sometimes less. For a single afternoon cup of coffee a few times per week, Keurig is easier and more economical than a pot of coffee. I also like the convenience when camping because I tend to hit the road before sunup for best light in photos. Sure I could get a french press and I would like one but the Keurig is quicker and easier for a single cup on the run. I admit it's not the highest quality cup of coffee I could make but that's not always the intent.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
DD716TED wrote:
We have been using our Kuerig machine both at home and in the TT for several months now... The PODS can be expensive.. The other day at Costco, I notice their house brand (Kirkland I think) that had 100 PODS for $35.95.. BUT the coffee was called a Bold Blend.. Has anyone tried these Costco Bold PODS? I would hate to buy 100 of them only to find out they are not to my liking... Normally use Folgers or Maxwell House Medium Blend..

That's what I buy for our Kuerig. I think its pretty good coffee.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
The last time I looked at my local grocery store at the cost of the Keurig cups the coffee came out to be about $18 per pound!... Can anyone really make a good case that the coffee is THAT much better than the whole beans I buy for a little over $8 per pound and put in my french press?

With all due respect to those that have these machines I think there is more than a bit of "gotta have the newest thing" mindset going on here.

I just cant see how the cost difference is justified on any reasonably logical or honest level. But Hey it's their money and a free country and that is what makes the economy go-round...

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
So Keurig has at least partially admitted its mistake and is going to introduce a My K-Cup for the 2.0 machines with scanner. Doesn't say if they are going to let third party k-cups be used in future machines.

I brew coffee for morning pot but Keurig is handy if I want one cup later in the day. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house.

Keurig to offer My K-Cups for 2.0 machines
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

sonora
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
It's funny on how you see people will spend their money. This is no offense to the Keurig users. We have a couple of Keurigs, but rarely use them.

But you will see people praise the thought of 35 cents for a cup of coffee. Something that the average person on here propbably drinks at least 2 cups a day. Double that if you are a couple. So a couple yoube spending almost $1.50 a day on 4 cups of coffee. Whereas, we buy the big cans (2lb) of our local grocery store brand of coffee (which is really good as we used to only buy starbucks house blend and have the beans ground up for us) for $5.57. The can says 270 cups of coffee. If that is true, then a cup of coffee for us is basically 2 cents. Even at being half wrong or a little more, I will go up to 5 cents a cup. Heck I will be generous and say 10 cents a cup. So we look at it that we are saving at least 25 cents a cup (2 cups each x 2 people = $1 savings a day). So we would spend at least $30 a month less(or more) than the average couple on here that uses the Keurig.

When I look at that over a year. That's over $350 a year. And yet we have people balk at buying RV antifreeze at $3/gallon They may use a maxo f 3 gallons a year. I've read where some will even try to recapture it to try and use again! lol

Not making fun of anyone or insulting anyone. Just thought about how people are different and what they rant about as far as costs, but were will they will "splurge" otherwise.... interesting....

I use whatever ground coffee I want in a refillable cup for my Keurig. Are you not aware that you can do this?

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
It's funny on how you see people will spend their money. This is no offense to the Keurig users. We have a couple of Keurigs, but rarely use them.

But you will see people praise the thought of 35 cents for a cup of coffee. Something that the average person on here propbably drinks at least 2 cups a day. Double that if you are a couple. So a couple yoube spending almost $1.50 a day on 4 cups of coffee. Whereas, we buy the big cans (2lb) of our local grocery store brand of coffee (which is really good as we used to only buy starbucks house blend and have the beans ground up for us) for $5.57. The can says 270 cups of coffee. If that is true, then a cup of coffee for us is basically 2 cents. Even at being half wrong or a little more, I will go up to 5 cents a cup. Heck I will be generous and say 10 cents a cup. So we look at it that we are saving at least 25 cents a cup (2 cups each x 2 people = $1 savings a day). So we would spend at least $30 a month less(or more) than the average couple on here that uses the Keurig.

When I look at that over a year. That's over $350 a year. And yet we have people balk at buying RV antifreeze at $3/gallon They may use a maxo f 3 gallons a year. I've read where some will even try to recapture it to try and use again! lol

Not making fun of anyone or insulting anyone. Just thought about how people are different and what they rant about as far as costs, but were will they will "splurge" otherwise.... interesting....
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had the Bold Blend and it's very good IMO. Costco will take it back if you don't like it BTW.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne wrote:
I don't own and won't own one just because we drink coffee all day and it would cost us a fortune but when I was at the store, PX, COSTCO or WalMart the other day I saw these Don't they work?Reusables
The best reusable coffee pod we found is the .Echo Brew $13.88 and free shopping.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roy&Lynne wrote:
I don't own and won't own one just because we drink coffee all day and it would cost us a fortune but when I was at the store, PX, COSTCO or WalMart the other day I saw these Don't they work?Reusables

Short answer is NO NOT IN the new Keurigs
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
to answer the original question,the house blend is a medium strength coffee,it's ok if your not a coffee snob,but if you like your first cup to hit home,brew 2 small cups into one big mug using 2 pods like i do.the price is standard costco price,and i buy the box regularly.its very close to your normal blend,but everyones palate is different right ?
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat