cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This might end up in the Fifth Wheel

LastOfTheBohica
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Tire had these on sale this weekend.

Bradley 2 Rack Electric Smoker

I had always wanted a Bradley smoker ever since my uncle bought one and gave us a piece of the smoked brisket he made. I love smoked meat, but could never justify one of the larger smokers for just my DW and I.

We had a nice small smoked Beef Tenderloin for dinner last night. I wanted to have some left over for sandwiches today, but it didn't last that long.

Next time, I will have to smoke a larger tenderloin.
Me, DW, Five Crazy Felines, One RB Angel
2011 Ford F350 SD, PSD 6.7, SRW, CC
2011 Komfort 3230FRK
20 REPLIES 20

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
rvjames...

You should definitely play with it home before you hit the road with it.

Good tip...thanks!
~ It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness ~ Dave Barry

Carl, Felicia, Eva & Pip (the fur kids)

rvjames
Explorer
Explorer
That thing is slick. May have to pull the trigger before the next trip.

Explorer II
Explorer II
The chips are like course sawdust. I have read where owners will saw up seasoned mesquite with a bow saw and use the sawdust.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
Morning!! I'm getting ready to zoom off to work, but will respond quickly since I'm a CHAT ADDICT.. lol

This is the large Camerons and it's a decent weight of stainless steel. The foot print is 15 x 11". It holds 3# of chicken wings just right. I bought quite a few shreds with it last Christmas and I don't remember the cost on that. The woodchips are not chips, but finely shredded wood chips. I've seen that variety of chips at a sporting goods store.

Here's a link... the price has come down since I got mine. LOVE THIS THING and it does not smoke up the kitchen. If it's belching lots of smoke you're either cooking too hot.. or you need to gently "tweak" the lid which is described in the instruction booklet. Mine barely lets out a little wisp of smoke which is quickly sucked up by the stove vent.

Here's an Amazon link to what I have - Camerons Table Top Smoker

Also there's a great wing video on youtube with Tony Neely smokin' up a "messa wings". But his video murders the cooking time. He says an hour and 45 min.. they'd be JERKY. I do 80 min at a nice med heat (which is about 375° inside the smoker) and things are done to perfection.

Off to work I go....

poof*

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Dung Beetles wrote:

I've been using a Cameron Smoker for a few months now. It's a smokin' little GEM and it cost around $50! Works on the BBQ, gas or electric stove too. I smoked over 20# of chicken wings in the last month, as well as dynamite smoke in 23 minutes on fresh salmon steaks. You do need to know what a true medium heat is on your heat source. My electric stove is hot, so when I do wings I set it on #4. Once I see a wisp of smoke I slide the lid shut, and set the timer for 80 min. I turn the stove fan on low and it handles what small amounts of smoke that dwindles out. At 80 min I turn off the stove, vent the lid and mop them up with a good BBQ sauce. They have been inhaled EVERYWHERE I have taken them. I got it for "us" as our family gift last Christmas. I love that we can use IN our kitchen during the winter or boondocking on the BBQ. Don't need to look for a current bush to plug it into.. *har har*

Best kitchen addition we've made in years.

Not too shabby. I like the small footprint and multitasking capabilities. What do you use for chips? Does it accept any kind? I like the price too.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small, cast iron stove-top smoker. It's about a 12"x12" footprint. I got it from QVC many years ago. It has a slotted cast iron tray that fits inside, so you can use it for other things.
It weighs about as much as my TT, but it is a fun little smoker! You definitely have to have a good overhead fan, or go outside, as the smoke will permeated the house. The Cameron smoker is great fun, too.-Loved the chicken pictures!

Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh man, I can smell it. Looks good.
Is that the small or the large smoker?

Thanks
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer

I've been using a Cameron Smoker for a few months now. It's a smokin' little GEM and it cost around $50! Works on the BBQ, gas or electric stove too. I smoked over 20# of chicken wings in the last month, as well as dynamite smoke in 23 minutes on fresh salmon steaks. You do need to know what a true medium heat is on your heat source. My electric stove is hot, so when I do wings I set it on #4. Once I see a wisp of smoke I slide the lid shut, and set the timer for 80 min. I turn the stove fan on low and it handles what small amounts of smoke that dwindles out. At 80 min I turn off the stove, vent the lid and mop them up with a good BBQ sauce. They have been inhaled EVERYWHERE I have taken them. I got it for "us" as our family gift last Christmas. I love that we can use IN our kitchen during the winter or boondocking on the BBQ. Don't need to look for a current bush to plug it into.. *har har*

Too bad your computer screens are not *scratch and sniff*

"Honey Hickory" Glaze

Best kitchen addition we've made in years.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
sofive0 wrote:
I've been looking for a small smoker myself. After reading this post I did a little research. If anyone else is interested, I found one that is a little cheaper. I think it would be worth trying.
Thanks LastOfTheBohicans for the info.

http://www.unbeatablesales.com/brad056.html

Best price I have seen!

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
This is great. We missed it in the flyer. I am shocked hubby did as CT is one of his weekly must go to stores, LOL. We were at Bass Pro looking at smokers on the weekend. Thanks for the info.

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that if Bradley were to go belly up some equity company would buy it and sell the biscuit line to someone.
I have wondered however, never seeing the process, if one could fill the void where the biscuit goes with sawdust?
The problem that many RVers have, IMO, with smokers is in getting one that is small enough to store. I think the majority of us only smoke for 2, maybe 4, people at the most. This one does look like it would be a good one for those who always have electricity available, or don't want to mess with charcoal.
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

Explorer II
Explorer II
I have my eye on a Cameron Smoker, just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

sofive0
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking for a small smoker myself. After reading this post I did a little research. If anyone else is interested, I found one that is a little cheaper. I think it would be worth trying.
Thanks LastOfTheBohicans for the info.

http://www.unbeatablesales.com/brad056.html
2018 Ram 3500 Carolina Customs Flatbed w/gooseneck hitch, 6.7ltr Cummins Diesel Engine
2013 Heartland Sundance 3400QB
Eaz-Lift 15" Gooseneck Adapter

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
LastOfTheBohicans wrote:

If they do decide to drop it, some company will gladly buy out the IP to fill the void.
I deleted your typo for you. When paying that much for an item I like to have at least ten or more years out of it. At the rate that companies change management these days and product lines are suddenly dropped, I prefer having other options that are usable for the smoke. Perhaps Super Dave can come up with a suitable substitute that will keep this appliance usable?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus