cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping world blues

jajefmly
Explorer
Explorer
I recognize that CW has been a disaster lately.
Maybe we should give Marcus an opportunity to come clean and fire those responsible and thank the many members that have hung in there, Not saying for how long. Also let the membership know what is happening and what he intends to do about it.
Tom & Mary
2013 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ
9 REPLIES 9

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully the new plan will work. Marcus needs to address two things. First is customer service. Look at Discount Tire. Camping World needs people in stores that know about RVs. It is nice to hire young people to give them a chance but, they need to know about RVs and they need to know how to interact with customers. Secondly, do not make the location mistake they made in Tucson. RVers are coming to CW. There needs to be room for RVs. Tucson is a mess. More than once I have seen the parking lot in complete gridlock because there is NO room for RVs.
Dick OK

jajefmly
Explorer
Explorer
Has Camping world corrected their problem yet?
Are they back to normal ?
I've held off long enough to place an order.
Thanks
Tom & Mary
2013 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Must have been the same programmers responsible for the roll out of the Affordable Health Care Act. At least CW admits they have a problem.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just don't get it..........

Why isn't a new system put thru the paces BEFORE going live?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
What CW desperately needs is a change at the very top. ML has done all the good (and bad) he can do, now it's time for a different talent with fresh idea's to lead the organisation.

You know I'm a fan of Marcus's show. But what he does to other businesses he does not do to CW.

People - well the people are just horrible. Bad pay schedules and high turnover. Most could care less.

Process - the process is broken. Their service is horrible, their current product inventory is poor. Some of the stores are just a mess. Our local one you're usually shimming past boxes just strewn around the floor. It's doesn't even look like any of his makeovers. Visually it's a disaster. Sewer hoses in the parking lot, leaking water hoses. I could go on and on.

Product- I have to give them credit for bringing their prices down and now in line with other retailers on goods, often now the cheapest by a couple of dollars. I hate I have to price match CW online to CW in store. But the sales and service is just a disaster.

CW is trying to span to rapidly and buy up everyone they can, and they have yet to perfect the customer relation part.

An interesting thing told to me, by some CW employees who were at a show and higher up the food chain. CW is buying some high end RV dealers so they can get access to the higher end coaches. It seems some of the higher end coach manufactures will not let CW carry their lines (smart move), so they buy these higher end coach dealers and keep the name. SO, if you want say a Newmar, camping world will have the RV transferred from their high end dealer of another name to their store. That's how I test drove a brand new Newmar at CW.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
What CW desperately needs is a change at the very top. ML has done all the good (and bad) he can do, now it's time for a different talent with fresh idea's to lead the organisation.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
low bidder

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe post this on the camping world website!

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
jajefmly@aol.com,

Thank you for your time and post. Camping World has invested in a Online Ordering and Distribution System. Our plan was to install the new system prior to the camping season. Unfortunately, our Programmers encountered challenges that caused a delay of the launch and additional unforeseen challenges during the launch which have caused delays to store shipments and online orders. Our teams are working tirelessly to get the new system working properly and have made great strides. Our Distribution Centers are ready for the season and full of product. Currently, trucks are rolling with product to our Super Center locations. Online orders are being processed and expedited. We apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that we are working very hard to correct this situation. Thank you again for your time and understanding.

Thank you,

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response