cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping world online

mileyjean
Explorer
Explorer
I rarely post anything on here but this takes the cake!!!!! I went to purchase a few items from camping world website totaling around 35.00 dollars. The items were sealant, table cloth, small plastic fold up side table, table cloth clamps and tape. Could not weigh more than 5 lbs and they want to charge over 30.00 dollars for shipping. This is absolutely insain and will never purchase anything from camping world again.
14 REPLIES 14

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
To All,

This post will be closed at this time since the OP's concerns have been addressed.

Thank you,

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

maddczech
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure there are several other vendors whom handle the items you were interested in at CW.
If you compare the shipping , to your time and mileage spent in acquiring the items, you may have a more realistic economy in reference to shipping cost.
We use Amazon because of two day prime, no hassle returns, generally good customer service, and pricing good on lots of items ( not all items!).
Our present location warrants buying online as its an hours drive to the nearest Home Depot for instance, and the local Wallyworld has many mt shelves, particularly in rv dept.
We like to buy local, however sometime the price warrants a 2day wait and the project is put on back burner.
Miley , in your case , the decision is yours to buy or not to buy from CW.
I prefer not to buy from CW as a botcott in general for their poor customer relationships.
I'm sure to get some flack on that remark.
Good luck in your shopping elsewhere.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
TinyoneRV wrote:
...Shipping is expensive. Take a five pound package to UPS for shipping half way across the county and see what they charge. It's not a bargain by any means.

X2

I'm looking at this post and the weight of the items that were shipped for 'free'.
""I have, in the past, ordered from Amazon a very large $3000 table saw, $1000 band saw, and a $700 drill press. All were free shipping""

Does ANYONE believe that the shipping was really for free?

They either build the shipping price into the selling price for each item or take their est yearly shipping costs and amortize it over all the items they sell.

Trust me no company eats their shipping costs just to do business with you'all.

Nothing is for free it is always put somewhere when doing business.:W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
USPS has if it fits it ships pretty cheap we can fill a box with stuff to our grandchildren that live in Alaska it can weigh way over 10 lbs for $17.95 and it gets there in 3 days.

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
Mileyjean, You haven't been scammed or taken advantage of because you were presented a cost and decided not to buy. Had you received the shipping costs after pressing the order button I would agree you were scammed. However, in this case, you were presented a purchase offer and rejected it. No scam, just a bad offer from your standpoint.

Shipping is expensive. Take a five pound package to UPS for shipping half way across the county and see what they charge. It's not a bargain by any means.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Ok that's the way a free economy is supposed to work.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

mileyjean
Explorer
Explorer
Dutchmen sport

I absolutely DID NOT place the order nor will I place the order!!!! I am a stubborn one!!!!!
Once I feel burned or taken advantage of GAME OVER!!!! I will pay more if I have to somewhere else before I order from camping world again. And for me responding to the email above that will not happen either. I will be too busy ordering stuff through another company/website

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
:B Does this mean you did not place the order? :B

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, shipping costs do come into play for their profit scheme. I run across this all the time when buying on eBay. With Camping World, I typically just make a list and purchase whenever I'm in a CW store....which isn't too often.

As for Prime. It is $99/yr so you gotta order quite a bit to reach this level in shipping costs.

So far this year I have ordered/received from Amazon a complete tow bar,, base plate, light kit, umbilical cable, emergency break away kit, screen door handle, laser temp gun and many, many other small miscellaneous items. Total shipping for all of these was just over $50.

Will I be ordering more from Amazon this year? You bet, but certainly no big items. You have t order a large amount of things, or very large to reach the $99 mark.

I have, in the past, ordered from Amazon a very large $3000 table saw, $1000 band saw, and a $700 drill press. All were free shipping so Prime wouldn't help at all.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Mileyjean,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and my apologies for your experience. I was able to locate your information and I have requested that someone reach out to you. Thank you for bringing this to us and I hope you have a good day!

Elizabeth
Marcus Rapid Response Team

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Prime is an awesome service but it comes with an annual cost. You do save in the long run with it. Great to get merchandise within only a couple days instead of waiting for a week or more.

IMO

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
Not defending them, but they're not the only ones doing this. You're best bet is to order from Amazon, who generally offers free shipping on orders more than $35 if you don't have Prime.

X1, Prime is well worth the money$$$ You end up saving more $$ even after you pay for Prime. 2 day shipping and free------no brainer:)

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
mileyjean wrote:
I rarely post anything on here but this takes the cake!!!!! I went to purchase a few items from camping world website totaling around 35.00 dollars. The items were sealant, table cloth, small plastic fold up side table, table cloth clamps and tape. Could not weigh more than 5 lbs and they want to charge over 30.00 dollars for shipping. This is absolutely insain and will never purchase anything from camping world again.

Oh No. They will have to close their doors and lay off all the employees. I'm sure you have spent millions of dollars at CW in the past. :h

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Not defending them, but they're not the only ones doing this. You're best bet is to order from Amazon, who generally offers free shipping on orders more than $35 if you don't have Prime.