cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camping World order problem

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
I placed an order with Camping World for three items on June 8th. I received an email on June 16th stating one item was on backorder. I tried calling their customer service number a couple of times. I was on hold for several minutes and gave up. The day I received this notification I sent an email requesting that the full order be cancelled. A few days ago I received the backordered item but nothing else. Today I noticed a charge on my credit card for the full order. I will be contacting my credit card company today. I will advise them that the full order wasn't received and the purchase is unauthorized.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 230RL
2020 Ford F250 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300
21 REPLIES 21

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
See, that's where THE COMPUTER comes in. It is smart, and sneaky. It will, at random, direct a live person to contact a customer and take care of his problem. That customer, now a happy camper, posts a new thread here about how his problem was taken care of by CW and how he will continue to return to CW.
Newbie's see the happy campers post, and have no idea they're being drawn into the CW quagmire.
This happy camper's post gives false hope to all the other people waiting in the Twilight Zone.
It's all THE COMPUTER'S fault.

OH MY GOSH!!! I just realized, there are no real people at CW, only COMPUTERS!!! That explains everything!!!
Grumpy

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
with all the problem posts about CW I am surprised anyone orders from them

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
What is even worse is that CW entire system is not controlled by real people, but by "THE COMPUTER".
If you follow the posts by "THE RAPID RESPONSE TEAM", almost every one will blame "THE COMPUTER" or "THE NEW SYSTEM" for the problems. Therefor, a computer must be in charge. Stands to reason. Computerized answering machine, puts you on hold forever and ever, knowing that you will eventually hang up, only to try again later, at which time your call will be placed at the back of the call waiting area (The Twilight Zone).
Don't really think there are any real people working at CW, only computers and machines programed to only give out a standard response, "I don't know, but we'll get right back to you", again, placing you deeper into The Twilight Zone.
Grumpy

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is why I order everything from AMAZON... In most cases all you need is a PART NUMBER and AMAZON will have it listed...

We have the AMAZON PRIME and 99% of what we order almost shows up on the same the day. AMAZON has shipping centers all over the place...

Been doing this for years now... Its either AMAZON or LOWES for RV items and fixes haha... when on the road it is always WALMART...

We stop in at the Camping Worlds to see whats what but then we order it from AMAZON. When we first started shopping at Camping World we was issued an account and never received a member card. Went down to a local CW to get all of that straightened out then all of sudden we had two accounts now and finally got the original card. So went down to CW to straighten that out and was suppose to cancel one of the cards. ended up both cards got cancelled. I should have given up at that point but finally got it all straightened out.

The only deal I got once from Camping World is we bought a couple of the real nice folding camping chairs. They was suppose to come in a zip-up tote but the Camping World at Myrtle Beach was out of stock. They said stop in at any CAMPING WORLD on our way back back to VA and they will have one for you. We already paid for it...

So that is what we we did just 50 miles down the road. Then we stopped at another Camping World in VA off of I81 before getting home and bought a couple of small items and the folks there saw I was to get two of those zip up totes so they brought them out as well... I told them we already got those from another CW but they insisted. At least it got removed from the account as delivered then haha...

AS big a network as they are you would think the would know how to manage it all...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Charging you for your items is just wrong and is not done by more reputable sites.

kmbelt
Explorer
Explorer
Grumpy374 wrote:
gramps, I have figured out what CW/GS really does with their customers. Figured it out after dealing with GS Insurance.
When you place an order, or buy something, your entering Fantasey Land, that area where they promise, and you expect them to honor that promise.
Then after the promises don't come true, you go to the Twilight Zone. Thats the area where your placed, waiting, waiting, waiting, for a response, someone to answer a phone, a live person to talk to, and a person who really knows what their doing. Also, while in the Twilight Zone, you will be contacted by "THE RAPID RESPONSE TEAM".
They will actually lead you to a deeper area ot the Twilight Zone.
After some more time goes by, you will leave the Twilight Zone, but you will now enter The Outer Limits.
The Outer Limits are where, after weeks, you get some, part, or none of your order, so you try to cancel or worse yet, try to return something. This becomes harder and harder as you have part of your order, and part is on backorder or in transit somewhere between China and Outer Mongolia. So they won't refund your money and you have to go through your cedit card co.
But don't worry. You may not, but others will always be there, ordering or dealing with CW, and entering the deep dark black hole (better known as THE SALE FLYER) that they use to sucker you in.
Grumpy

Hahaha. That is exactly what i see with everyone's posts in the Camping World Accessories and Sales forums.. Spot on.
2014 Ram 2500, 6.4 Hemi, CC, 4x4
2010 Puma 259RBSS

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
gramps, I have figured out what CW/GS really does with their customers. Figured it out after dealing with GS Insurance.
When you place an order, or buy something, your entering Fantasey Land, that area where they promise, and you expect them to honor that promise.
Then after the promises don't come true, you go to the Twilight Zone. Thats the area where your placed, waiting, waiting, waiting, for a response, someone to answer a phone, a live person to talk to, and a person who really knows what their doing. Also, while in the Twilight Zone, you will be contacted by "THE RAPID RESPONSE TEAM".
They will actually lead you to a deeper area ot the Twilight Zone.
After some more time goes by, you will leave the Twilight Zone, but you will now enter The Outer Limits.
The Outer Limits are where, after weeks, you get some, part, or none of your order, so you try to cancel or worse yet, try to return something. This becomes harder and harder as you have part of your order, and part is on backorder or in transit somewhere between China and Outer Mongolia. So they won't refund your money and you have to go through your cedit card co.
But don't worry. You may not, but others will always be there, ordering or dealing with CW, and entering the deep dark black hole (better known as THE SALE FLYER) that they use to sucker you in.
Grumpy