cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cell phone boosters

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
Any product advice on a low-cost (around $100) 4G booster? This would be for the phone only, not interested in wi-fi hotspot.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS
16 REPLIES 16

docj
Explorer
Explorer
kellertx5er wrote:
So does the phone have to remain in the cradle with the Sleek? Seems like there would be issues with using in living room vs bedroom. Is there a device which will cover the entire trailer interior?

The phone has to remain in the cradle but most people just use a Bluetooth earpiece so they can use the phone for voice calls.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
So does the phone have to remain in the cradle with the Sleek? Seems like there would be issues with using in living room vs bedroom. Is there a device which will cover the entire trailer interior?
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

Maxi_Signal
Explorer
Explorer
crcr wrote:
Wilson Sleek. Make sure you buy the one that is specifically for your carrier. Call Wilson Electronics if in doubt. They're very helpful.

When camping, I mount the Sleek antenna on a paint pole that extends, so it is well above the roof of my TT. The Sleek comes with a stubby 4" antenna. I bought the correct upgraded Wislon antenna on Amazon, also with a magnet base, about 14-18" long, that has a much higher gain than the included stubby antenna. I recommend it, as it greatly improves reception.

The cheap one he is looking for is not carrier specific . It carries voice and 3G for all carriers . Also with the budget he has an additional antenna would far exceed it.

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Wilson Sleek. Make sure you buy the one that is specifically for your carrier. Call Wilson Electronics if in doubt. They're very helpful.

When camping, I mount the Sleek antenna on a paint pole that extends, so it is well above the roof of my TT. The Sleek comes with a stubby 4" antenna. I bought the correct upgraded Wislon antenna on Amazon, also with a magnet base, about 14-18" long, that has a much higher gain than the included stubby antenna. I recommend it, as it greatly improves reception.

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
Will check them out..thanks

Maxi_Signal
Explorer
Explorer
craftyfox wrote:
I'm talking about texting..we have VERY limited service, most of the time none at all and need an antenna connection to receive and send calls, text or voice. Up until we got this new phone, we had a antenna port on the phone and had a antenna that would give us 2 bars...none of the newer phones have those so we can't use the phone at home, ...I'm just looking for an antenna we can use on this phone..any suggestions are welcome.

If the phone does not have an RF port you just want voice and texting and are not worried about high speed data just get the plain 3G Sleek . With no RF port you cannot attach an an antenna you must get an amplifier . Induction adapters do not work with just an antenna. Below is a link to WPS antennas . They have them at less than $100.

http://www.wpsantennas.com/Wilson-Electronics-Sleek-Universal-Amplifier.aspx

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
I'm talking about texting..we have VERY limited service, most of the time none at all and need an antenna connection to receive and send calls, text or voice. Up until we got this new phone, we had a antenna port on the phone and had a antenna that would give us 2 bars...none of the newer phones have those so we can't use the phone at home, ...I'm just looking for an antenna we can use on this phone..any suggestions are welcome.

docj
Explorer
Explorer
You made it sound as if you wanted to make phone calls, you didn't say anything about texting. Can't you just open it up and then put it back into the cradle? The Sleek has a very limited distance range between it and the phone but you should be able to lay it back in there and still get some benefit. It's not as it taking it out the cradle and then putting it back causes any "harm".
Sandie & Joel

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
question on the Wilson Sleek Cradle antenna..we have a dumb phone that the top and bottom slide apart for texting..wouldn't the phone have to come OUT of the cradle to open thereby breaking the antenna connection?

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Maxi Signal wrote:
sdianel wrote:
Wilson Sleek. Walmart.com for around $100. Also, get the taller RV antenna with the window mount. The small car antenna won't be enough.

Have not seen the 4G model for that price

http://www.wpsantennas.com/460107-Wilson-Electronics-Sleek.aspx

Amazon sells the outdated 3G version for $100. The 4G one is ~$140. Be careful which one you are buying; I seriously doubt Walmart has the 4G one for $100.
Sandie & Joel

Maxi_Signal
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
Wilson Sleek. Walmart.com for around $100. Also, get the taller RV antenna with the window mount. The small car antenna won't be enough.

Have not seen the 4G model for that price

http://www.wpsantennas.com/460107-Wilson-Electronics-Sleek.aspx

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on the Wilson Sleek - Thats where I set my Verizon 2200 MIFI unit to get more coverage for my WIFI HOT SPOT signal hehe... Outside antenna helps big time...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

greende
Explorer
Explorer
Also vote for Wilson sleek. DW taking courses for her Masters and we use our phones as wifi hotspots. Occasionally we have poor reception and if I set up our sleek attached to a Wilson trucker antenna mounted on our rear ladder, we get great reception.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72