Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DirecTV Error 775 (SAGA CONTINUES)

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
DirecTV Genie with TravLer

Last night everything fine. Not touched during the day. Turned it on and get the 775 error.
  • Checked every coax
  • Checked power inserter-have green light
  • swapped power inserter
  • re aimed Travler...at least tried to but it can't find the satellites! Keeps searching. Wide open field and has worked fine for 4 days.

Also pulled power and rebooted HR44-200.

Could it be a bad LNB?
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
41 REPLIES 41

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like it will be a "go on the roof" day

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Check the power inserter. Verify the output voltage is close to 25V DC. Check all coax connections inside as well. When watching the controller display, does it ever say "identifying" indicating it found ANY satellite? If not, it could easily be a bad LNB or a bad coax as mentioned above.

Thanks Bill. Today is a travel day so will tackle it tomorrow. Where I'm going has a dish installed so I can plug it into that one. If it works, its the trav'ler. I'll report back.
Hickory, NC

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck trying to get assistance from Direct. Try this and go on chat, they were real helpful. https://www.solidsignal.com/
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the power inserter. Verify the output voltage is close to 25V DC. Check all coax connections inside as well. When watching the controller display, does it ever say "identifying" indicating it found ANY satellite? If not, it could easily be a bad LNB or a bad coax as mentioned above.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I get those type of "errors" during heavy cloud cover that interrupts the signal. However, once, in AZ, I got that "error"...no clouds, a neighbor suggested a new coax cable from the dish to the motorhome. Radio Shack nearby...that did it. Still does.

(Also, I needed at new LNB for the house once...signal kept going in and out.)

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Dons2346 and belique please read my post. There is only one owner replaceable part. Replace the coax and try again. The only other thing you could try is to run a coax directly from the dish output to the power inserter. If that is still a no joy, be prepared to spend big dollars to get the darn thing to winegard. They offer zero replacement parts instead opting to charge outrageous amounts to hopefully repair. Just spent over 700 dollars on mine to get 70% signal. Another three hundred dollars for a new arm and dish in hopes the original dish is warped. If not Winegard will get it back to again attempt to fix. But I have zero faith in them.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
You get a 775 error and we are getting a 771 error. Makes me wonder if DTV is having some kind of problem but if that is the case, there would be more complaints.

Talked to the not so English speaking tech assist with zero results

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Do the Calibrate EL routine and start again. Let us know what happens.

You're a Saint Bill! It did the calibration successfuly but no joy. Still 775 and Trav'ler now just searches everywhere. We've been here for 4 days and all was fine. No storms. Wide open sky. Thanks.
Hickory, NC

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
If you have access to a piece of coax about 3 feet long try swapping it for the one from turret to LNB. If thats a no go, then your in luck for having to spend 700+ dollars sending it back to Winegard for service.
BTW does the travler power box show anything? Bet your getting the dreaded no LNB voltage. If you are send me a PM I just went thru this and it was a bad coax from the board.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do the Calibrate EL routine and start again. Let us know what happens.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I assume you've tried their website FAQ?

My first guess would have been a cable but sounds like that's covered. By 'checked every coax' did you test continuity throughout the entire cable? They can develop internal breakage.

Thanks, Yes, I've scoured the web and watched several videos from DirecTV and others. I found a thread on DBSTalk that mentioned a LNB problem. I haven't done continuity on the coax yet mainly because I can't find my VOM.

That the Trav'ler just spins around is a clue I think.
Hickory, NC

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you've tried their website FAQ?

My first guess would have been a cable but sounds like that's covered. By 'checked every coax' did you test continuity throughout the entire cable? They can develop internal breakage.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman