cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dish net rv phone # ?

I_rv
Explorer
Explorer
can' t find dish rv number dish rep had no clue what i was talking about if you have dish net rv # please help thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
wingsfan20 wrote:
ljr wrote:
I rv wrote:
can' t find dish rv number dish rep had no clue what i was talking about if you have dish net rv # please help thanks.

I use the main number all the time for changing locals. I've come to expect to make at least 3 calls before it works but it always does eventually. When I get the "no clue" CSRs I just politely say "thanks for your time", hang up and call again.

Not sure why but I seem to have better luck with chat though I only remember one case of first call success in several years.

I used the regular 1800 333 dish number and went to tech support menu item several times in the last month when on the road to Florida to change locals location. They were always helpful, but on several occasions had to recall. I talked to some one in second tier support and she said to make sure they set up the download of local channels for "Automatic Update". I have not tried this yet, but will be testing it when we meet up with our rig in Florida in two weeks. Will keep you posted.

Good info! Perhaps "Automatic Update" is the magic term that will make it work the first time.
Larry

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
ljr wrote:
I rv wrote:

I use the main number all the time for changing locals. I've come to expect to make at least 3 calls before it works but it always does eventually. When I get the "no clue" CSRs I just politely say "thanks for your time", hang up and call again.

Not sure why but I seem to have better luck with chat though I only remember one case of first call success in several years.

I used the regular 1800 333 dish number and went to tech support menu item several times in the last month when on the road to Florida to change locals location. They were always helpful, but on several occasions had to recall. I talked to some one in second tier support and she said to make sure they set up the download of local channels for "Automatic Update". I have not tried this yet, but will be testing it when we meet up with our rig in Florida in two weeks. Will keep you posted.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
I rv wrote:

Larry

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had better luck using the Dish online chat support system than the phone service. Even service location changes seem to go easier and quicker than on the phone.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
There was thread recently on the Escapees Forum where a caller was told that the RV Support Group had been disbanded in yet another "reorganization".

I found the same thing last time I used the RV number, got a tech that had no idea what he was talking about and actually provided outdated information.

Use the regular Dish support number at this point to change your service location. Worked OK for me in November. In the past if I ran into resistance I just said "Thank you" and hung up, tried again later usually with success. 800-333-3474
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
If the RV Department is still functional, and that's a BIG IF with DISH, the number used to be 888-854-9535.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Curious as to "what you were talking about." I have always just called the number that comes up on my menu screen (1-800-333-DISH I think) and they have always been helpful. Only on one occasion did I mention the receiver was in my RV and she transferred me to an RV tech to make sure I was helped properly.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to dishformyrv on line you can do most everything without calling anyone

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
1-800-333-DISH
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman