cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

iOS 10 for ipad

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Have any of you updated your iPad to ios10? I'm holding back because my current system is working OK for me. If you upgraded, what benefits did you notice? Thanks.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
21 REPLIES 21

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. I went ahead and updated to iOS10. So far, all seems OK. So, my concerns were unfounded. :C

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
diftw wrote:
Regarding the Home button, my daughter sent this to me-works for the iPhone and iPad:

If you go to settings, general, accessibility, and home button and select finger, you won't have to press 50 things and wait 278 minutes to open your phone.
all I have is click speeds, no finger ๐Ÿ˜ž
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
mr. ed wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
Well, looking at these replies, I think I'll hold off updating as long as I can. Thanks for your input.
unfortunately you're going to be beat to death with reminders that do nothing but get in the way. It's a very minor change from previous upgrades. The big deal is opening the screen with 2 clicks related than a swipe

Keep in mind, I'm talking about the iPad, not a phone. I use the iPad Air.
the nonstop reminders are the same.

The other thing I just realized is irritating are the bubblegum key clicks...
Jeff - WA6EQU

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
Well, looking at these replies, I think I'll hold off updating as long as I can. Thanks for your input.
unfortunately you're going to be beat to death with reminders that do nothing but get in the way. It's a very minor change from previous upgrades. The big deal is opening the screen with 2 clicks related than a swipe

Keep in mind, I'm talking about the iPad, not a phone. I use the iPad Air.

diftw
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding the Home button, my daughter sent this to me-works for the iPhone and iPad:

If you go to settings, general, accessibility, and home button and select finger, you won't have to press 50 things and wait 278 minutes to open your phone.
Dave and Anne
2016 Grand Design 337RLS
2015 Ford F350 XLT 6.7l 4x4
Reese Elite 18K Hitch
Rotochocks
Rota Flex by Trail Air Pin Box
Barker 4-wheel 25 gallon tote
Nights Camped in 2009 - 33
2010 - 37
2011 - 31

2012 - 35
2013 - 42
2014 - 45
2015 - 46
2016 - 51
2017 - 43

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
my bad.. I took it as he just didn't, not that he couldn't. Wonder if they left the 4S behind yet?
Yep, the article I linked listed it as no longer supported, too.
2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
I updated both my phone and my iPad a few days after the update was available. It's no big deal and I see no reason anyone would hold off on doing the update. As already stated, the biggest "issue" is having to get in the habit of clicking instead of swiping to open.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
bwanshoom wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
No, he said he thinks it's too slow for the iPad 2. My iPad 4 is starting to dragg along too, but is still quite usable
wnjj's comment is correct - iOS 10 is not available on the iPad 2. You can't upgrade even if you wanted to. The iPad 2 is out of support - no upgrades, no patches. This article has more details.
my bad.. I took it as he just didn't, not that he couldn't. Wonder if they left the 4S behind yet?
Jeff - WA6EQU

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
mr. ed wrote:
Jeff - WA6EQU

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
No, he said he thinks it's too slow for the iPad 2. My iPad 4 is starting to dragg along too, but is still quite usable
wnjj's comment is correct - iOS 10 is not available on the iPad 2. You can't upgrade even if you wanted to. The iPad 2 is out of support - no upgrades, no patches. This article has more details.
2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff - WA6EQU

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
tatest wrote:
My 2nd generation iPad got so sluggish on iOS 9 that I will not take it to 10.

My iPhone 5 is on 10, I am still trying to get used to subtle and not so subtle user interface differences. I do like how some of my apps now put notices on the lock screen, but I need to work on which apps, and maybe within the apps, which notices. Traffic info is more useful to me than the most recent shootings or convenience store robberies.

iOS 10 isn't available for the ipad2. But that's fine with me. Our ipad2 has been a slug since iOS 7. Safari crashes on most websites with any content. I suspect due to memory usage.

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Updated 2 iPhones and one iPad and have no problems with the updates. Big improvement in iMessages and Siri.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer