cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

iPhone 6

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to upgrade from my 4S to a 6s soon for the larger screen to use apps with senior eyes ๐Ÿ™‚
I'm afraid I won't like carrying the bigger phone in a pocket.
Can I use the same phone # with both the 4S and the 6 ?
Then I could carry the 4S and still answer the phone when using the 6.
AT&T is my carrier .
Thanks,Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin
67 REPLIES 67

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing new about the packaging, same as IPhone 5. Of course I wouldn't open it, or any other electronics above a hard surface.

Got mine today.... Opened my box before reading this or hearing about this.. Had no issues.. It is really about the same as all the previous packaging.... Like anything else... Be careful when opening....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Saw that on the news this morning. I hope the phone design is better than the packaging design.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
USE CAUTION opening the Iphone 6 box, my wife just did this, I saw this on TV and called to warn her...too late just opened and had her new phone fall on the wooden floor. No damage, luckly...

Iphone 6 drop when opening box...
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
My two year Verizon contract with my HTC Droid DNA that was the very first 5" smartphone with 1080p display will expire in January and I would have purchased the iPhone 6 + but it does not shoot 4K UHD video like the new Samsung Note 4 or LG G3. The Note 4 and LG G3 also have a 2560x1440 display instead of 1920x1080 display , removable battery and micro SDXC slot for up to 128GB extra storage.

Mine is due here this morning via FedEx....can't wait
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Our two new Iphone 6 will be here friday. Also, just updated my IOS on my 4s to IOS 8.

Take that you Iphone haters ๐Ÿ™‚
B&W Ram Companion

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Happytraveler wrote:
Just order the iPhone6 Plus. Darn, I won't get until Oct. 14-21.

The iPhones are sure expensive. I'm trying to justify the price. Our iPod classic stopped working, so instead of buying an iPod touch for $199.00 I opt for the iPhone with 64 GB'S.
I wish I could trade my phone in, but my husband decided he wants my iPhone to text his buddies, LOL.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
As usual as soon as a new iPhone came out the value of older models dropped like a rock, especially the 4S .
IF one can get $300 for one my advice is go for it.
Most folks are like myself and can't sell their 4S or 5 until they recieve the 6,perhaps 4weeks from now.
Used prices are predicted to continue to drop as more folks trade up .
Good Luck, Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
rockhillmanor wrote:
Arizona Kid wrote:
popeyemth wrote:
Arizona Kid wrote:
popeyemth wrote:
Arizona Kid wrote:
Even though you can get a Iphone 6 from ATT for $199, it's not really $199, or free with trade in. because you monthly rate plan will be $15 to $25 more, than if you purchased on the Share Value program.
Everyone is going to pay full price for the Iphone 6 one way or the other.

The ATT trade in program ends on the 30th.

I suggest before you purchase from ATT you read, and understand how the programs work.
ATT price calculator.

Of course you are absolutely right.
While I did get $200 off an $800 iPhone 6 Plus by trade in my 4S, I still have to pay the $600 balance either outright,by installment or higher monthly rates on my phone plan.

"Nobody rides for free"

I think you will only get $100 for the 4s, but I hope you get $200. Iphone 5 and 5c get $200, and 5s gets $300.

AT&T only offer $100 trade but Verizon's offer $200 and ATT will match any advertised offer so I got the higher trade.
Only had to show them the offer from Verizon's online ad.

Looks like AT&T changed and are now giving $200 for Iphone 4's. See what you did. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have been kicking around either selling or trading in my iPhone. How do you know for sure that all your info will be wiped clean when you turn it in?

A 4s or 5 can go for $300 on ebay and most go out of the country. A friend sold 2 of these and both went to Russia. Very important; you need to get your iPhone "unlocked" so it can be used with other carriers. When you deactivate the phone, or it goes off contract, ATT will give unlock instructions so you can do it yourself. Locked ATT or Verizon phones can only be used on their networks making them useless outside the US.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
popeyemth wrote:
The store resets everything to factory settings and wipes the memory while you watch.
It's part of transferring your apps and data to the new phone.

are you can do it yourself if your read the easy instructions :S
B&W Ram Companion

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
The store resets everything to factory settings and wipes the memory while you watch.
It's part of transferring your apps and data to the new phone.

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Just order the iPhone6 Plus. Darn, I won't get until Oct. 14-21.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Arizona Kid wrote:
popeyemth wrote:
Arizona Kid wrote:
popeyemth wrote:
Arizona Kid wrote:
Even though you can get a Iphone 6 from ATT for $199, it's not really $199, or free with trade in. because you monthly rate plan will be $15 to $25 more, than if you purchased on the Share Value program.
Everyone is going to pay full price for the Iphone 6 one way or the other.

The ATT trade in program ends on the 30th.

I suggest before you purchase from ATT you read, and understand how the programs work.
ATT price calculator.

Of course you are absolutely right.
While I did get $200 off an $800 iPhone 6 Plus by trade in my 4S, I still have to pay the $600 balance either outright,by installment or higher monthly rates on my phone plan.

"Nobody rides for free"

I think you will only get $100 for the 4s, but I hope you get $200. Iphone 5 and 5c get $200, and 5s gets $300.

AT&T only offer $100 trade but Verizon's offer $200 and ATT will match any advertised offer so I got the higher trade.
Only had to show them the offer from Verizon's online ad.

Looks like AT&T changed and are now giving $200 for Iphone 4's. See what you did. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have been kicking around either selling or trading in my iPhone. How do you know for sure that all your info will be wiped clean when you turn it in?

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.