cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Much lower than Amazon

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it can and did happen, CW has a MUCH lower price than Amazon or any other place I could find. In the "Green Saturday" email I received today CW listed a King Flex automatic satellite dish for $479. This price is $90 less than Amazon. As a Good Sam Club member shipping was free.
11 REPLIES 11

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck 1935,

Sorry about the issue you experienced with one of our Camping world stores. I do want to have someone follow up on your issue with the Valencia CA store and the difficulty you experienced getting to speak with someone. Can you private message me your contact information so I can forward it over for follow up with you.

Thank you
Rudy
Rapid Response team member.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hey Marcus, Rapid Response Team, anybody.........

Are you paying attention?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Chuck_1935
Explorer
Explorer
Sad but true ! I called CW in Valencia, Ca and wanted to speak to the parts department to make sure they had a part I needed in stock. Sat on hold for a while then hung up. Tried it again an hour later, sat on hold and finally rang back to the phone answerer. I politely said goodbye, went on line, ordered the part on ebay for two thirds less including shipping.
The same thing happens with 80% of their specials. By the time you buy it on line and pay for shipping, you can buy it elsewhere for much less.
I really want to support CW but not if it's way overpriced !

ArticFox_676
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon prime prices are creeping up and some way out of line. Know your prices and shop carefully. Looks like they are adding in shipping with the price and still keeping the free shipping claim.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Got the Flex a few days later. Just as advertised. Price is now back to $579. I got a bargain and great free delivery.

cmarq
Explorer
Explorer
With GS if it is shipped from the mfg. there is a $9.00 charge. I no longer buy from GS my local rv dealer gives me a better buy or I buy through Ebay.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
There is no charge fo Amazon Prime shipping. There is a charge for non Prime items or from associated companies.

Good Sam members get free shipping over certain dollar amounts.

Bob_O
Explorer
Explorer
I finally got my Good Sam renewal and the $25 CW certificate is only valid for a little over a week. The nearest CW is 115 miles south so it isn't worth my time and the 230 mile round trip drive to cash it in.
Bob
1998 Dodge 2500 Cummins QuadCab
2009 Montana Big Sky

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Well, just tried again. Added 4 tubes of Dicor to my cart.

$20 DOLLARS SHIPPING!!!

Guess they ship each one individually? Or do they combine and keep the backdoor profits?

Really a shame.

RV Part Shop via Amazon: Less than $10 shipping and comparable price.

Ordered there instead.

...and that is how CW loses so much business...

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
DiskDoctr wrote:
I would love to buy from them, but each time has been a miserable failure. Failure to honor free shipping for members, fighting to get membership enabled, failure to honor specials.
I recently ordered new wheel chocks that were on sale AND when you bought one you got one free. They ship order and I get two chocks and charged for two. I call CS and they will send me the other two. I few days later I get one more wheel chock. Call CS second time and they send second free chock. No cost for shipping but what a hassle. It might not have been so bad if they had just made a mistake and had sent the two free chocks but to have to call for each free chock was a bit silly. YMMV
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Score one for the home team!

Best Buy beat Amazon's profit, too.

Amazon is getting overpriced and their "Prime shipping" is sometimes $8.99 instead of $3.99, even for small items.

CW has the product lines and capabilities. They have just been behind the curve with technology. Coupons, discounts, pricing programs, shipping, membership signups, etc not working as intended or within reasonable time frames (does it *really* take many, many WEEKS to activate a new membership?).

If the can service the customer and break free of the old-school-anchors, they can affect the rv/camping world in a very discernible way.

I would love to buy from them, but each time has been a miserable failure. Failure to honor free shipping for members, fighting to get membership enabled, failure to honor specials.

That was within the past 2 yrs. It would be great if they are finally emerging from the dark ages.

Show me and convince me of your (CW's) commitment and ability to follow through and I'd try again.

Thanks for the positive news!