I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
29 REPLIES 29

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The T-Mobile plan is truly unlimited as well (same Network Optimization but not until 50 GB).
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
The old Verizon UDP and the new AT&T Connected Car UDP are the only true UDP's. Both I believe are subject to network congestion and both are no longer available.

All the new plans that say 'Unlimited Data' are the farthest thing from it .....smh
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Just got a note from T-Mobile that they are allowing you to add a 3rd line to your 55+ plan for $20/month. If that 3rd line could be a MiFi, that means you could have truly unlimited (network optimization at 50GB) on your phones plus a MiFi for the rest of your devices for $115/month. 2 phones + 1 MiFi + LOTS of data. Sounds like a possibility.

Just re-read the offer and it specifically mentions an additional "voice" line so that's not going to help.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
Heisenberg wrote:
Verizon $65 data plan and a $15 Republic phone plan ... sounds pretty sweet.

Thank you for mentioning the Republic phone plan. I checked it out and I'll be switching from my current $55/mo Verizon plan. My phone and data usage is real low. Republic's data plan of $5 per GB will fit me fine. The most I've ever used is .5 GB in a month.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just got a note from T-Mobile that they are allowing you to add a 3rd line to your 55+ plan for $20/month. If that 3rd line could be a MiFi, that means you could have truly unlimited (network optimization at 50GB) on your phones plus a MiFi for the rest of your devices for $115/month. 2 phones + 1 MiFi + LOTS of data. Sounds like a possibility.

MrWizard
I agree about being careful
Did you see where they said they got the plan, and are testing it out

The fact it's PRE PAID, means you can obtain this without changing any existing plans, and no contact you can drop it at any time
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
I"m very leary of anything Verizon touts as unlimited. When they came out with their unlimited and unlimited beyond plans, we tried the unlimited. We knew going in that our access would be slower during high traffic times. In the three days we had it, there was not a single moment we were not being slowed. When the Verizon person reviewed our information, he agreed that we had been throttled the entire time including late at night in our home where I'm positive there wasn't a high volume of cell traffic. Verizon switched us back to the original plan we were on. I suspect we weren't the first to complain because they didn't give us any grief about going back.

I'd be sure to read every word or the offer and be sure you understand all of it before signing up.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Because I basically hate cell phones and I only have one because the DW insists, this plan seems a great reason to dump my $45/month prepaid flip phone. Twenty bucks a month more than I'm paying now and we will have wifi almost everywhere we camp and no bleeping cell phone.

That brings up an interesting thing, where is my phone? I can't see it here in the office, maybe it is in the towed or in the garage. Hum! Oh well.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
edatlanta wrote:
As with most of the new plans from Verizon and others, the plans are virtually unintelligible to understand. There is always a gotcha somewhere that you didn't anticipate. I currently have a smartphone and 2 jetpacks and am happy with my plan. $120.00/month for all three. Unlimited data on the smartphone and 15gb each on the 2 jetpacks. I'm going to sit and wait a bit longer before I jump into the quagmire.

X2

Every time I sign up for the new, latest and greatest plan it turns out much different than I expected. I have โ€œBeyond Unlimitedโ€ now. Itโ€™s not even close to unlimited let alone beyond.
Larry

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
As with most of the new plans from Verizon and others, the plans are virtually unintelligible to understand. There is always a gotcha somewhere that you didn't anticipate. I currently have a smartphone and 2 jetpacks and am happy with my plan. $120.00/month for all three. Unlimited data on the smartphone and 15gb each on the 2 jetpacks. I'm going to sit and wait a bit longer before I jump into the quagmire.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon $65 data plan and a $15 Republic phone plan ... sounds pretty sweet.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Just signed up for an "unlimited" jetpack plan for $95 a month for 2 years. It sucks. After 15gigs it is near worthless. I wonder if I could change to this new plan?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds awesome. If I ever lose my unlimited AT&T Mobley plan I will be moving to this plan should it last that long!

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
New Verizon plan $65 month PRE-PAID Unlimited data Mifi device

phones can get unlimited "ON PHONE" No Hotspot use on phone

Yep, fantastic plan for Jetpacks!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting development.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad