cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Online storage

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's the best free online storage for just photos? Don't want to do effects and touch-ups (so I don't need all the glitz of Picasa). Don't want Google to OWN them (as claimed). Just want to store, share pics with friends, and some public, and be able to post to boards like this. Would like high capacity, no cost and easy to use. And then maybe my cake and eat it to.

Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
15 REPLIES 15

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
If you have an Amazon.com account, you can get free 2GB Amazon Cloud storage. Works for photos, documents, MP3 files, etc.
2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!

Just note that you don't have to install the DropBox application. But it does make it a simple drag and drop process. Whatever is in your DropBox folder is automatically uploaded via SSL to their Amazon based secure servers. So you'll have a local copy on your computer(s) and a synced backup on DropBox servers. Otherwise, just decline to install the app, and log in to your account in the upper right corner of your screen.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
just went to dropbox and signed up. when all that was done the next screen was asking me to open and download an exe file.?

yes...
thats how it works
icon on the desktop, program running in the background
when you drag a file to the dropbox icon
it automatically uploads to your drop box acct

Thanks I will finish the set up.
Like the idea that you can just drop it instead of going to a website like photobucket and wait, and wait before you can add or copy something!
Tks,Rock

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

MrWizard
rockhillmanor wrote:
just went to dropbox and signed up. when all that was done the next screen was asking me to open and download an exe file.?

yes...
thats how it works
icon on the desktop, program running in the background
when you drag a file to the dropbox icon
it automatically uploads to your drop box acct
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I suggest coughing up a couple dollars a month to be rid of ads. ImageEvent dot com.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I use Photobucket but they've made so many changes that I would avoid them at all cost. It's really that bad.

WoodGlue wrote:

Dropbox requires installing software on your computer, yadda yadda yadda.

Well, actually, it does not require installation of any software. You can access your Dropbox from any browser just like Photobucket. Plus, Dropbox allows hosting any type of file, which Photobucket does not. And while Photobucket allows 10G bandwidth per month for free accounts, which should be more than enough for most users, Dropbox permits 15G bandwidth per "day", or 450G per month. :E

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
photobucket is the only one I have found that you don't have to sell your soul of personal info to, like Picaso, etc. i.e any site that I have to sign in with a google account I stay away from. :R

Just go thru each and every page of photobuckets preferences and make sure you click private for everything or some kid will lift a pix from you.

I have had all my pictures on Photobucket since 2005. Only problem I had is when they upgraded their site for all the stupid glitter and moving everything kid stuff and it was hard to find my pictures. Someone on the forum showed me how to go back to the old style.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Photobucket has been around a long time, they're dependable and they're very easy to use.

Dropbox requires installing software on your computer, yadda yadda yadda.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Dropbox is the best and getting better with each update.
Load them up in the designated 'photo album' and they are all set up with a link for mailing to family and friends.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oops, misread.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm really leaning toward Photobucket. I think it has ass the features I want/need. How do you post onto forums like this from DropBox? I can't find a link feature.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer