cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV gone bust ... Replacements?

Getup_ngo
Explorer
Explorer
An 8-year-old Jensen flatscreen TV went south. Do I have to use an RV-specific replacement or can I go to Best Buy?

Thanks!
Janice and Annie, the snotty poodle
2008 Four Winds Windsport, 3 slides
Toad: 2011 Honda CRV/Blue Ox towing system
22 REPLIES 22

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
There has to be a way to mount it on a good swivel/tilt bracket.
That's what I did.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
installed a Samsung 32 inch last fall ( 720 HD ). hard bolted to cabinet top.

Best Buy, if its viewing angle is not good.. take it back and try a different model.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
One thing to remember when purchasing a TV for the RV is to look at the viewing angle,

if you can go to the store and sit lower then off to each side to see what it looks like at those angles.

A DVD player is also nice to have.

Most times in a RV you wont be looking straight on at it. I found out the hard way after buying and returning 2 TVs, that

sometimes at those angles the screen is washed out or black making them un-viewable

X10!!

Been there done that. Sitting on the couch you can watch it, but lay down or if You move from the couch to the dinette and all you will see is black on the screen.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Visios from Walmart, best Buy, work well.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I went to Best Buy and bought a 32" Samsung LED/LCD for the living room and a 19" Samsung LCD for the bedroom. Nothing special.

MrWizard
Use any TV that will fit the space,
That you like
Do you have a sound system?
If using only the TV speakers, pay close attention to where the speakers are, which way the sound goes and how loud is the volume
Rear speakers facing into a cabinet really can hurt the volume
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Getup'ngo wrote:
An 8-year-old Jensen flatscreen TV went south. Do I have to use an RV-specific replacement or can I go to Best Buy?

Thanks!

there are any number of snake-oil salesmen who will try to sell you an RV-specific TV and the HDTV antenna to go with it but yes, you can get any TV you're l'il heart desires. shop away! ๐Ÿ˜„
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
One thing to remember when purchasing a TV for the RV is to look at the viewing angle, if you can go to the store and sit lower then off to each side to see what it looks like at those angles. A DVD player is also nice to have.

Most times in a RV you wont be looking straight on at it. I found out the hard way after buying and returning 2 TVs, that sometimes at those angles the screen is washed out or black making them un-viewable.

After buying and returning a Samsung and a RCA I found a Insignia at Best Buy that has a much larger viewing angle, 178 horizontal and 178 vertical viewing angles.

In my RV with the TV in the front or the rear bedroom you have to look up at it. This TV works great in both areas. The DVD quality is excellent.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C