Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon Base unit ?

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,

I was told that I could use a Versizon Base unit in my 5th for phone service. I would just plug a land line type phone in and could have service for around $25 a month per line. Does anyone know about this?

Thank you,
Dave:h
15 REPLIES 15

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
Ropdoc wrote:
Hello all,

I was told that I could use a Versizon Base unit in my 5th for phone service. I would just plug a land line type phone in and could have service for around $25 a month per line. Does anyone know about this?

Thank you,
Dave:h
I have this Verizon setup for my "land line" as well as Internet access as well. I have the 10GB plan and it plus the line access fee runs $110/month before taxes.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Verizon "Home Phone Connect (HPC)" Richard

This is great. A lot more options than I thought there were. Thank you all for the advice.

Dave

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep, we are AT&T customers and plan on moving to their version of this soon. AT&T actually has one that has internet and home phone, you add it to your mobile share ($20 per month plus taxes). I expect Verizon has that one also.

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Verizon Home Connect. I ditched my Verizon landline (about $70 a month) for this at $20 and kept my existing number. I have used it on two trips so far and it is excellent. Most people can't tell that it is not a landline or that I am not home when they call. I am very happy with it and the money savings.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Verizon "Home Phone Connect (HPC)". It costs $20 a month + taxes. The power supply is 12 volt, so you just power it up from the RVs 12 volt batteries. Get the proper connector from one of your favorite suppliers. I used Radio Shack. I use a cheap cradle phone that is powered from the HPC. NO 120 volts is required. The HPC is unlimited minutes, free long distance, voice mail, and conference calling. It works any where there is a Verizon signal.
Go for it. You won't be disappointed. The device is free if you sign a 2 year contract.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
aslakson wrote:
It'll work . . . but:

You can also buy a land line type cordless phone with bluetooth capabilities and link it via bluetooth to your cellphone and get the same end result for $0 a month.

x2 - look for phones featuring "Link2Cell"... Panasonic, Motorola, Sanyo to name a few.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Straight Talk sells the same unit "Straight Talk Wireless Home Phone". You can buy it at Walmart for $69.88 and service costs $15 plus sales tax per month with no contract.

I've used this a couple years in my RV.

Straight Talk Home Phone at Walmart
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a single "home phone" number that we've had for many years that our friends and relatives use. We just keep that number forwarded to our cell phones via a VOIP service that only costs us $35/year. We give businesses entirely different Google Voice numbers that are forwarded to the appropriate cell phone. We haven't had any need for a real home phone service for years.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the advice. Looks like something to look into.

Dave :C

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Works great, been using one for two years in the S&B. Haven't tried taking it with on the road. I'd be concerned dialing 911 because this is tied to your residence. Will your local 911 pick up or the local 911?
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
The base unit also has a battery so you do have service without 110V connection as long as the battery life. Or you could plug it into an inverter to maintain service while under way. The self install instructions say Do Not connect it to the house wiring but if you disconnect the incoming land line from the home entry it will work fine connected to the house wiring. We have it connected that way and have six phones connected to the base and all work fine. We also took it with us for a six week trip last winter. We do also have regular cell service.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Its called home phone connect. You get a cell based base unit that plugs into a 120VAC outlet you plug a regular home type phone into it and go. The nice thing is that you have one home phone number anywhere you are.

Kennyg
Explorer
Explorer
I have version and it is true! Connect a "land line" type phone. Essentially converts the phone connection into a cell phone. Plug the base into 115ac and its set to go. One set fee for both local and long distance! You keep your old land line phone number as well.
Kennyg

MrWizard
Yes, it works, has been around for 3~4 years
Just remember this is residential service, it will work any where you move the RV that has a Verizon signal
But your land line phones need 120v , and the base unit has too be plugged in power
And none of this fits in your pocket, except maybe the cordless handset
This is not mobile cellular to carry while you go out someplace, like a normal cell phone
It even works when dry camping as long as you have a Verizon cell tower signal
This does not do data and can not be a hot spot
Phone calls only
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s