cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 7 folders

robsouth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Using windows 7, 64 bit. My computer shows a list of folders on c:drive (as an example). One folder is "My Documents". Just below that is another named "My Documents" but this folder has a little square with an upward pointing arrow over the bottom left portion of the folder icon. If I click the folder with the little box, a screen pops up "Access denied". There are several like this. My Music, My Videos, etc... What is that all about and how do I get rid of them or how do I access these folders?

Is that clear as mud? I wish I could show a picture of it, but can't figure that out.

Thanks.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."
9 REPLIES 9

robsouth
Explorer II
Explorer II
These are not desktop icons, but within the various folders themselves. Nothing on the desktop to mess with. Question has been answered and all is well. Thanks.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

jdkd123
Explorer
Explorer
Windows has a Snipping tool that works great for taking a screen shot (several formats) and lets you draw/crop to just the size you want. Search for it on programs and files.

JDKD123

2005 Coachmen CONCORD

GO

SOX!

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If they are just shortcuts, and you do not use them, just delete them and be done. This will not remove the program, but will get the junk off your desktop. You can always recreate a shortcut aat any time.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
my suggestion not needed.........:)
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

robsouth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okie Dokie. I will just leave them alone and quit frettin'. Thanks.

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! Always wondered about those!

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Like already said, those are shortcuts meant to maintain compatibility. Shine 'em on.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Are you logged in as administrator? To take a screen shot press "FN" and "PRTSC" at the same time. Then open email or Word, right click/Paste. This should paste your screen shot

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those are "shortcuts" to keep capability for older programs. Read here.