cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No 7 pin connection in bed

TheMohns
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a new F350 and a 5th wheel toy hauler. I haven't picked up the trailer yet. I had the RV place put in the 5th wheel hitch for me but they didn't put an electrical connector in the bed. I have a connection down by the tow hitch but I am not sure if the cord will reach. Will it work without the connector in the bed of the truck?
7 REPLIES 7

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
You can probably order one on Etrailer. If you can run a drill it should be an easy install.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Cameo_Phil
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 7 way plug installed in my bed for $75.00. Works great! Now I can plug in either way.
2002 Carriage Cameo F35CKB
2005 Chevy 3500 LT, CCLB 6.6L Diesel 4X4

La_Gasser
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 F350 that I added the factory 7 way plug in the bed. It's part # BC3Z 13A576 A : Wiring Assembly - cost $68. It's the same plug used by Ford in the bed when you order the Hitch in the bed option. It comes with a plug (I believe it's a small 6 plug unit) at the end of the wire that plugs into the wiring harness under the truck near the spare tire if I remember correctly. No splicing into your wiring harness. It's a plug and play deal. All Super Duty's come with the same wiring harness, so adding the 7 way plug in bed is super easy. Hardest thing is cutting the hole in the inside bed wall!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Previous truck only had bumper connector and it worked fine. New truck has both bumper and in-bed connectors and I use both depending on mood.

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is under the bumper and works fine. Will eventually probably put one in the bed but no rush.
2016 Ford F350 XLT DRW 6.7 SuperCrew 4X4 8 Ft Box
2016 Brookstone 395RL

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the one and only one I have, in the bumper. No problems as long as the cord will reach, even when making a turn.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it will still work the cord may rub the tailgate. I had one put in my bed when I had the hitch installed it's in the bed and out of the way either way works
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD