cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washing rv

Wandering_Storm
Explorer
Explorer
First time heading to Florida in Feb. I have Winnebago View. The rig will get filthy on the trip from north to south (outside only). Any thoughts or advice about washing the outside when we reach warm weather, if there is any this year, will be appreciated. This is a first time venture fore us and I want the RV looking good once we arrive. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Tanya6520 wrote:
We have a truck wash, but I've been intimidated by its size. We have a sprinter van with a canopy. Would it be safe to run through a truck wash?

Yes, I use Blue Beacon Truck Washes and it is perfectly safe......but be sure the canopy is retracted!
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

Wandering_Storm
Explorer
Explorer
Any places better than others? Thanks

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
We have a truck wash, but I've been intimidated by its size. We have a sprinter van with a canopy. Would it be safe to run through a truck wash?

Explorer
Explorer
Look for truck washes. And be sure to wash the undercarriage - even with just plain water to get the road salt off that is covering the roads in the north and Middle Atlantic right now.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
When going to Florida from the salty north, I stop at a commercial wash soon after I enter the state. Part of the Florida travel ritual. Just don't want to be seen driving around in Florida with a dirty vehicle. Pegs one as "just arrived."
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Wandering view wrote:
First time heading to Florida in Feb. I have Winnebago View. The rig will get filthy on the trip from north to south (outside only). Any thoughts or advice about washing the outside when we reach warm weather, if there is any this year, will be appreciated. This is a first time venture fore us and I want the RV looking good once we arrive. Thanks

I use a telscoping RV brush I bought at Costco years ago. The bristles are as soft as cloth so I even use it to was my truck with it. Great tool.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at the Speedco web site for locations and use one nearest your end of travel.

Jim

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If parked on gravel most RVers would not be conservative with water usage and the ground would get soggy and indentations from the heavy RV would form. This is especially true if multiple short-term rentals come and go and they would wash their RV. Also, detergents and grease runoffs would not be good for sites with lush grass surrounding the site. The main issue in many parts of the country is water usage.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I never could understand the thought process over NOT washing the RV at a CG. Seems like the park would WANT clean coaches showcasing their facility rather than dirty ones....:S...Hose off, use a bucket, rinse and wipe...I use more water when I shower than I do to wash the coach....:B.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some parks will not allow you to wash your rv or your toad, others will with a charge for the water usage and still others will allow you to wash as often as you like.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
We either stop at a coin operated car wash with a truck bay or check with the RV Resort to see if there are RV detailers allowed in the park to wash and wax the RVs. Several of the RV resorts we go to have vendors that are alllowed to come into the park to provide variuos services including wash.

One time we used the water in our tank and a 1 gallon bucket and rags to wash the outside. We pulled off at a wide spot on the road leading into a campground
And did a quick rinse down of the RV. Put the rag over a broom to reach the high spots.