cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump keeps coming on...

tearza
Explorer
Explorer
Hooked up to RV Park water but my water pump comes on occasionally.
I have to keep turning it off. Has anybody ever had this problem?
John,Gloria three Maltese dogs & African grey parrot...
27 REPLIES 27

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you ever heard your water pump running before - they are pretty loud when running. You should be able to tell for sure that your water pump is what is being turned on...

Like all have said above if you connected to CITY WATER you do not need to have the WATER PUMP ON. The WATER PUMP only draws directly from the FRESH WATER TANK to pressurize your water system when you are camping off the power grid and NOT connected to CITY WATER. Although the water pump is designed to run OK without picking up water I would be hesitant of turning on my WATER PUMP if I did not have any water in my FRESH WATER tank.

That is how mine setup works are any rate....
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Speedogomer
Explorer
Explorer
Your camper is haunted. Sell it immeadiately.
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn, "Katy"
2014 Outback Terrain 260trs "Alice"
2011 French Bulldog Shelter adopted edition, "Roscoe"
1982 DW, "Rachel"
2016 DD "Harper", the newest lil camper.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of the water pump coming on if it's in the off position. It's a rocker switch so either someone is turning it on or you are talking about another switch. A bit like saying a light keeps coming on, the switch flipping to the on position by itself. For reasons like storage and winterization these switches are not made to come on automatically if you turn them off. Off is off.
2013 ACE 29.2

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
I think you are playing with the gas water heater switch.
:S That's Funny!
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are playing with the gas water heater switch.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You may have a latching relay for the pump and something is triggering it or its got some kind of problem..

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Someone must be turning the switch on if it is a typical rocker or toggle switch. Maybe someone is turning the second switch on out of habit if there is one installed. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

tearza
Explorer
Explorer
I keep turning the switch off and the pump then comes on and the switch is lit up. It comes on by itself.
John,Gloria three Maltese dogs & African grey parrot...

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
tearza wrote:

I have to keep turning it off.

I hope the OP will come back and clarify this statement. Looks like the pump would either be on or off.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It could also be that the city water pressure is lower than the pump pressure switch is looking for, so it kicks in.
Turn off the pump (you don't need it on) and check it later when you are not hooked to city water.

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
The pump wont turn on unless the switch is on.
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
why would you have the water pump turn on while hooked to campground water ?
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There's either a leak someplace in the lines or there's a piece of debris in its diaphragm. If the latter, take the head apart and rinse all the parts off with rubber. Put it back together and it will probably be fine.