cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1973 Holiday Rambler travel trailer

Grajczyk1986
Explorer
Explorer
Hello for him, I was directed here buy another form user about questions I have to anyone that knows anything about 1973 holiday Ramblers. My wife and I acquired it two years ago the first year we didn't get much use out of it last year we had a ton of use out of it. It is stationary up on blocks but is in very good shape. It isn't a can't round in northwest Ohio on a lake and it is beautiful. We have no intentions of moving it so I don't need to worry about tires or nothing right now. The Integrity of the camper is beautiful. I do not know the footage off hand. But I will get that when I go up there next weekend. I never got an owners manual I know it has a Dometic refrigerator I believe model rm2310. I do not have to worry about a holding tank for freshwater since we have a hook up there at the campground all the time. I know 1973 a grey water tank was optional we do not have that option all we have is a black water tank so I have it hooked up to a blue boy. So if there's anyone in here that knows anything about Dometic refrigerators I need to replace the seal on the freezer door, which I have found for sale online but I have a few questions about it before I purchase it. Also when I bought the trailer previous owner said the furnace was the only thing that really didn't work on it and I asked him what was wrong with it and he didn't know because it never worked for him. I'd like to know where the furnace is located on my Holiday Rambler and get working on that also. So if anyone has any information or knows anything about those travel trailers please let me know.
25 REPLIES 25

Grajczyk1986
Explorer
Explorer
It's not the water heater. Because there is a door I open up to the right of that taped up area and that is the water heater too because I already use that and that works perfectly

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grajczyk1986 wrote:
God that would be awesome if that's the reason he did it. Do you know how much used or new furnaces cost?

Generally, right around $600 + or -. for a new one.

New surplus.

More new.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
If the taped-up area is square, can you be sure that it's not the water heater?

Grajczyk1986
Explorer
Explorer
God that would be awesome if that's the reason he did it. Do you know how much used or new furnaces cost?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
The previous owner probably put the tape on there to keep wasps and other bugs out.
Barney
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Grajczyk1986
Explorer
Explorer
I never thought about it being under the stove mine may also be there. I know on the backside on the exterior of the camper there's black tape taped in a square and that's gotta be the intake and exhaust ports for the furnace because I have not seen it anywhere else on the camper. I wonder why he has it covered. Maybe it wasn't working in that person took it apart and never put it back together I will have to check when I go up there next weekend. But this was very helpful and I kept on thinking to myself where the hell is the furnace and now it makes sense mine has got to be under the stove because if I think about it on the backside of the camper that is in line with that black tape that he has on the exterior so I will check it out. Thank you so much

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
RM2310 Service Manual

Here is a picture of the inside of a 1973 Holiday 18 footer
Furnace is directly below Stove

Intake/exhaust ports would look something like this
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

firemedic08
Explorer
Explorer
If I can get the photo to upload I will show you, but its a metal thing with a few holes in it.
Donnie
1994 Chevy 2500 Extended cab
1987 28 ft travel villa 5th wheel.

Grajczyk1986
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you guys. Much appreciated. Just one more thing. What do I take and exhaust ports for the furnace look like?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is a link to Bryant RV Service Manuals. You should be able to find what you need there.
Barney
Not towing now.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
You won't find an owner's manual for the Holiday and if you got one, it wouldn't be of much use.They just cover generic items, the appliances had their own manuals separately.

If you can buy the correct seal for the fridge without the door, you've done well. It should not be difficult to install it.

You can locate the furnace by looking on the exterior for the intake and exhaust ports. There will be a cover door adjacent to those ports. If the furnace has not been used for years, I'd suggest you plan to remove it for complete service and to work with it on a bench. There can be a host of things wrong and hopefully, it is a simple fix. When you find the model number of the furnace you can look on the BryantRV website for the correct service manual and troubleshooting guide.

Good luck with your Holiday, they're a well built trailer.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton