cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another season has ended

Kennedy64
Explorer
Explorer
We have finished another season of camping. We end every season with our Halloween Camp with family and friends. Had five families camping and another group who showed up for dinner and trick or treating. All together, about 40 people, somewhat smaller crowd than years past.
It is my favorite weekend all year. I believe it is my 3 YO granddaughters favorite weekend too. Her and I walked up to the showers about 7:30am Sunday and she said "Mum, I'm ready for next years Halloween Camp. How long do I have to wait?"
It makes me happy that both my granddaughters love to camp. Their mama isn't a huge fan and my 16 YO loves it as much as I do, but with her job and marching band filling her summers, her time is limited. I now have the next generation to enjoy it with and couldn't be happier!!
22 REPLIES 22

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Darn it! I'm hauling the trailer down to the dump station today and winterizing the rig when I get back. Our plans to head to the Oregon coast this weekend are off due to a pretty large storm in the NW, so I guess this year is over.
We just got a new fifth wheel, had issues with it, got them fixed, and were looking forward to a quick trip. Who knows---there might be a hole in the weather patterns and we could scoot out for a few days later on the winter.
In the mean time, we're making plans for 2017! Can't wait. See ya out there.

Travis_F
Explorer
Explorer
We just came back from a long Columbus day weekend up in the Juanita Valley of PA then 1 more trip for Halloween to Lake Glory so the Kiddos can enjoy Knobels in the Dark...then we winterize the new rig till early spring.
Travis F
2020 Forest River Wildwood 32BHS

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Heading out for a Halloween weekend, then a Thanksgiving week camp out and will close the year with a new Years Eve camp out. Ahhh, Winter down South.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

MattFromPA
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Gettysburg KOA for what has become a family tradition of Halloween camping. We started pulling other people in and now have seven families going. Pretty much have a loop to ourselves.

This is the first year we're only doing one weekend in October due to the kid's sports schedules. We usually try a new place on the other weekend. Hope to get back to that. There really isn't a better time of year to be out!

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
dave54 wrote:
For many people we are now entering the best season for RVing.

Yep. Out here in the West, the party continues. No first snow to worry about. At least not in the SW.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving the end of next week to start winter camping. Oh yen did I mention I will be in Florida till May:):)
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Our season is just starting.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
My last trip will be Thanksgiving week. I'll have to stop and dewinterize on the way down to the CA desert, and then winterize on the way back. But I am so looking forward to it!
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

Santa_Fe
Explorer
Explorer
Our big end of the year trip is the last weekend in October this year. Lots of fun!! Already looking forward to next season with family and friends...discussing a trip to the Florida Keys and one of my very good friends will be joining our ranks in January. Can't wait!
TV: 2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab
5.7L HEMI V8
4x4

TT: 2016 Keystone RV Springdale 260LE

Have Yorkie, will travel.

mbrower
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
Sounds like a great time but hate to hear the season is done for you all. But I totally understand.

We're headed to Ocean Lakes in two weeks for a long Halloween weekend event and I'm going to try to get by without winterizing until we head to Disneyworld mid-December.

This is kind of funny?? Great minds think alike. We are currently at oceans lake and will leave a week from this Friday. We the go to WDW on Dec 2 for a ten day stay. We just miss each time.

Oceans Lakes did a wonderful job repairing after Matthew. Hardly any evidence left.
2001 Chevy 3500 Big Dooley 8.1L (496 Cubes)Allison 5sp 4:10
2008 KZ Montego Bay 37RLB-4

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting by the fire now on a cool crisp evening, this is our last trip for this year. We did manage to get in 8 trips, 2 of which my boys came along. This weekend will probably be winterizing...

Have already booked 3 trips for next year!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We have one more trip planned next week to Rehoboth Beach then winterizing and into storage. Did the southeastern part of the country last winter. Staying home this winter to get the house ready to sell.

Gotta agree with nineoaks. NW Florida was wonderful. If you go there, you'll understand why they call it the forgotten coast.

Have a great winter all you snow birds.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
Kennedy64 wrote:
We have finished another season of camping. We end every season with our Halloween Camp with family and friends. Had five families camping and another group who showed up for dinner and trick or treating. All together, about 40 people, somewhat smaller crowd than years past.
It is my favorite weekend all year. I believe it is my 3 YO granddaughters favorite weekend too. Her and I walked up to the showers about 7:30am Sunday and she said "Mum, I'm ready for next years Halloween Camp. How long do I have to wait?"
It makes me happy that both my granddaughters love to camp. Their mama isn't a huge fan and my 16 YO loves it as much as I do, but with her job and marching band filling her summers, her time is limited. I now have the next generation to enjoy it with and couldn't be happier!!

Same for us! We just left a Halloween Camp at Holland State Park. Been doing it for the last 15 years. Our kids are grown, and have pretty much flown the coop, but we still go anyway, and love to see all the kids trick or treating. It is my favorite time as well, but sadly I just winterized our trailer today too.

Dave
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL