cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another would you tow it without WDH post

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I know this has been asked before, but I want opinions around my specific set up.

Picking up a our new TT next week and dealer has offered to install a WDH (brand I've never heard of) for almost double the street price, from what I can tell.

I'm thinking I should just tow it off the lot bare back the 10 miles to our campsite and install the brand I want at my leisure? And yes, the sites at this CG are all pretty level, but if not I'm sure I can find a nearby parking lot that is.

Here are the details:
Truck- 15' Silverado with towing package, 1700# payload, 800# non WDH hitch rating.

trailer- 5200# dry with 585# hitch according to manufacturer (assuming that's without battery and prop tanks?). Other than that, trailer completely empty.

Thoughts?
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH
20 REPLIES 20

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Better yet. Have the dealership deliver it to the campground. Best for you, and them.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
As described to get it off the lot and assuming your numbers are right then yes.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

SouthpawHD
Explorer
Explorer
As long as the roads to the CG are more rural roads, you should be fine. I peronsally wouldn't tow at speeds above 55 w/o the proper hitch set up.
Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go for it.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Tow it home and tell the dealer to keep their overpriced junk.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
You're well withing the ratings. I don't see a problem.