cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any RV WAX and Sealent Recommendations

pjberny5
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a good was and paint sealant for my RV. Seems everbody on the internet claims theirs is the best.
21 REPLIES 21

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
I think I started with Amazon, and comparison shopped from there. I went with Amazon (I have a Prime membership).
Clicky
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JK2D06/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
After a little research, it was a toss-up between the Collinite 845 and the Starbrite Premium Marine Polish Boat Wax with PTEF. The Collinitte was a couple bucks cheaper, and the label reminds me of the stuff a buddy used for detailing cars yesteryear (although I'm not exactly certain what products he used, they were outstanding). I figured, worse case scenario, it wasn't what I expected and I'd try the next Wonder Product. Turns out, I'm pretty happy with the Collinite, so far. I put it on a motorcycle's gas tank, too. It's a black paint job, and the Collinite looks pretty good. The Collinite was real easy to remove after application/drying.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
Weldon wrote:
Where did you purchase Collonite? Does not appear to be a dealer in San Antonio area.

A Google search will lead you to their website
(BTW It's Collinite)
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you purchase Collonite? Does not appear to be a dealer in San Antonio area.

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Follow-up on the Collonite 845 from previous post:
A single application of Collonite 845 about 4 weeks ago. One coat. That's it. I did not use any 303 Protectant.
We took a couple trips over the past two weekends. No night driving, so the bugs weren't thick. After our first trip, they washed off with water and car-washing soap at home. Sometimes, two or three swipes, but most fell away immediately. Second trip, no night driving, but there were some pretty good splatters. I had to drop our truck camper at a storage lot, so I used a soft cloth and water from a drinking-style squirt bottle I had in the truck, squirting the front down with water and letting it set for a minute before wiping. Everything wiped off, easy peasy.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also used Meguiars #50 fiberglass cleaner/wax for a number of years with fairly good results, although the wax would seem to build up on the micro-fiber cloth as I was putting it on. Have now switched to Meguiars Flagship premium marine wax and it does not have that build-up issue. Jury's still out on whether there is any difference from the #50. I use 303 Protectant on the the decals and all plastic parts/tires.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like Mequires Cleaner wax. Cleans and restores, plus protects
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
I've used 303 Protectant on my Harleys for years as a quick detailer - paint, powder coat, chrome, plastic, windshields, etc. I use it on the dirt bikes' plastic, too. All around my trucks, in and out. After 14 years, the dash on my 1999 Chevy van looked great when I traded it in.
For the fiberglass front-cap and decal on my TC, I tried the Collonite 845 about two weeks ago. Easy application on a microfiber clothe. Be sure to shake the jeebus out of it, open the cap to get the bit of wax stuck in the neck and shake it some more. I heated it in some very hot water, shaking it and heating for a few cycles to dissipate the heat evenly. Next time, I'll try the spray-bottle attachment screwed directly into the Collonite bottle. Easy removal. Felt slicker than snot on a broom handle. I'm hoping to give it a bug test next week. I'm sure I'll use the 303 Protectant between Collonite applications for giving it a lick and a promise.

ArticFox_676
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Rejex. 303 is great for vinyl (awning, tire cover, etc.)

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:

Maybe not the "best" but I've had good luck with NuFinish over the years. Economical, goes on and off easy, and lasts a long time. I don't use it on the decals though, for that I use 303 Aeorospace Protectant.

X2
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

cochise49
Explorer
Explorer
Your owners manual should tell you what NOT to use. Other than that, use what you find works for you. Washing my RV is doable by me in my driveway. Waxing....I use a spray on wipe off liquid and every year or so, pay someone to do the real job. Great exercise if you are up to it.
Bev& Keith
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
Nomadac wrote:
I have been using Collonite wax for years with excellent results. I just had some service done at Precision Painting and when I was leaving asked if my MH was a new one. The Service Mgr. explained it was a 2003 model and I used Collinite wax. He was so impressed he purchased a bottle of their Insulator #845 wax from me.
www.collinite.com

Having tried,I don;t know how many different brands,and had about the same results from all of them,I'm going to give Collinite a try.
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
MTPockets1 wrote:
dons2346 wrote:
REJEX is the best stuff I have found. I coat windows, windshield, polished aluminum wheels, shower stall, etc. with it.
. Ditto ReJex... Absolute best product I've ever used. You just have to use it to believe it. Follow application directions for perfect results.

Rejex is great. But be aware its a sealant, so you need to have a clean surface to but it on or it will be sealed in.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
therink wrote:
I am a firm believer in Nu Finish (polymer, not a wax). I use it on all fiberglass, plastic, and decals and have for years with great results. Easy on/off.
Steve

Maybe not the "best" but I've had good luck with NuFinish over the years. Economical, goes on and off easy, and lasts a long time. I don't use it on the decals though, for that I use 303 Aeorospace Protectant.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
REJEX is the best stuff I have found. I coat windows, windshield, polished aluminum wheels, shower stall, etc. with it.
. Ditto ReJex... Absolute best product I've ever used. You just have to use it to believe it. Follow application directions for perfect results.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch