cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone know who could move a large park model from WI to AZ?

Starfire5
Explorer
Explorer
My nephew is needing someone to pull his 40+ foot park model from WI to AZ? Anyone have any ideas?
Catmom to our 3 camping cats: Helen the orange kitty, tiger Suzy (both rescues, too) and our new gorgeous girl, Samantha.
Doggie Grandma to one gorgeous golden puppy named Jameson
13 REPLIES 13

Starfire5
Explorer
Explorer
THANKS to all who responded! My nephew did finally find someone to pull it down to Arizona.
Catmom to our 3 camping cats: Helen the orange kitty, tiger Suzy (both rescues, too) and our new gorgeous girl, Samantha.

roadrat2
Explorer
Explorer
You might try calling a construction trailer rental company.
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT25SB
2006 F-350 6.0L

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Executive wrote:
Might cost more to move it than to sell it and buy new in AZ..just a thought...Dennis

What I'd do. Sell it and buy a new one down there.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Check the place you want to move it to. Some parks have strict regulations as to the size and height. The large parks in Arizona have many Park Models for sale - used and new. Might not be worth it to move it.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Might cost more to move it than to sell it and buy new in AZ..just a thought...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
There are several RV towing companies in Elkhart, IN that you can call and ask. Last I checked it was $2/mile to tow. They contract with contractors to tow RVs all the time and can likely help you especially since the winter season is approaching and they won't be too busy here in a couple weeks. Though right now weather is good there sort of. Not freezing anyway.

There are volunteers that tow RVs for $1/mile or even less, like free, if it's a compassionate move. You'll find them by googling or by checking with Escapees.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Call your local Park Model sales office (or any sale office in Az NS ask for a referral to a PM move company.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
eubank wrote:
Perhaps look up under mobile home movers?
Lynn

X2.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps look up under mobile home movers?
Lynn

Starfire5
Explorer
Explorer
He has tried UShip, but wasn't having much luck. I'm not sure if it's 8' or 10' to tell you the truth. I've never even seen it. My sister asked me to help out. But I'll mention that to her. Thanks!!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
look up U SHIP. they can quote a price.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
How old is it? Ready to move or still blocked up? Roof secure? Tires, axels etc still there? If so, condition? Currently licensed somewhere? Hitch still attached? Who will secure the inside items?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this an 8ft wide model or 10ft wide? if its 10ft wide (park model) you need special permits. If its a park trailer (8ft wide) then a 3/4-1 ton truck will be OK. I don`t know anyone or how to even begin to look other than start with google.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!