cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anything we can do to when people abuse overnight parking?

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Last month while talking with our RV storage lot manager he mentioned that an owner of a 90's era Class A moved out of town awhile back so he told the manager to sell it for whatever and keep the money.

Well, it sold (buyer paid for it). The day finally came for the buyer to take it, they were a no-show. Turns out they needed a few extra days as the guy was still in jail. He finally got out and then started living out of the RV at the storage lot. Last Sunday, once the manager finally pressed with summoning police the RV hitched to an open trailer stuffed w/ **** left the lot. They left a old jetski on the grass and a pile of trash.

Well guess what is now parked at our local Walmart for the last week and a half?
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ
65 REPLIES 65

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Well, I do agree that not paying property tax, you can lose your property. My only point is it really is still a tax. But, depending on the municipality, that can take a while and a lot of legal ****.

If you don't pay federal income taxes, they can come take all your stuff...Taxes are a fact of life.

Mike

And this we can do when people abuse overnight parking. :h

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I do agree that not paying property tax, you can lose your property. My only point is it really is still a tax. But, depending on the municipality, that can take a while and a lot of legal ****.

If you don't pay federal income taxes, they can come take all your stuff...Taxes are a fact of life.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Walaby wrote:
Property tax is a constant. Constantly rising perhaps, but is a constant.

You still own your home, just like you still own your car but may pay tax/registration even though it's paid off.

Mike
You think so? Try not paying that property tax and see how long you continue to "own" your home. Stop paying the registration for your car and you simply can't drive it legally, but it's still yours. Your multi-thousand dollar home doesn't work the same way. As was mentioned you simply rent from your property tax collectors.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:

You still own your home, just like you still own your car but may pay tax/registration even though it's paid off.

Mike

Nope! Don't pay your taxes (rent) and the government evicts you and takes it from you. There are millions of cars without a current registration and they are still owned by the purchaser. There is one right here on the property that I am camping at as I type this.
D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
84 year old Brothers

Just to help clear things up!
These guys live twenty or so miles from me! A big story here! Also, there is a Go Fund Me account and they have raised close to 100K so far!

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mike

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:

Thats sad,if true,,however if your home isnt paid off by the time youre 84...you should sell it and buy some cheaper one!

One never "owns" there home whether it is paid off in full or not. Just paid my taxes this week which has increased 6x while my wages increased 3x. Many retirees are in much worse shape and with all other expenses also climbing simply can not afford the rapid increase in taxes (rent to government). If the rent isn't paid they are kicked out of the homes THEY paid for.

Until governments get their acts together this situation will only get worse. If you aren't part of the solution then YOU are part of the problem. MYOB unless you are willing to help.
D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
WE shouldn't do anything about it. THEY (Walmart) should if they have a problem with it.

If it bothers YOU, then YOU should talk to WM manager, or city management.

Mike

Moore_RVers
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
I dunno why I read this situation differently, but I saw an ex-con trying to start out after being released and, having no money after buying an RV, had to take a few nights on the cheap to get going. It takes a few weeks for a person with no 'history' to land a job, and at least one more for the cash to start flowing.

Leave the person alone and let them get a foothold on this harsh land loaded with people ready to drop a dime on anyone who "doesn't look right".

Perfect answer here! Nuff said. Bunch of nosey bodies who have way too much free time on their hands.
John & Kathy
Maggie (Paparanian) Sammie (Blue Healer)
Virginia
Wildlife Up Close

Moore_RVers
Explorer
Explorer
thirtydaZe wrote:
how often do you go to walmart?
John & Kathy
Maggie (Paparanian) Sammie (Blue Healer)
Virginia
Wildlife Up Close

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
This thread is kind of timely. There were two 84 year old brothers that delt with German Nazi during WW2 and fought in the Vietnam War. They lost there home due to foreclosure. They said being homeless was worse then any war. A lot of the homeless are veterans.

Thats sad,if true,,however if your home isnt paid off by the time youre 84...you should sell it and buy some cheaper one!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
And a lot of them aren't.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
This thread is kind of timely. There were two 84 year old brothers that delt with German Nazi during WW2 and fought in the Vietnam War. They lost there home due to foreclosure. They said being homeless was worse then any war. A lot of the homeless are veterans.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
I think a few folks here to to adopt my way of thinking and stop butting into everyone else's business.
1- Is it on my Property?
2- Is it really affecting me dangerously in any way?
If the answer is no than keep your nose out of their business. You have no right to push what you want or think on others. Some of you act like politicians. Think you know what is best for everyone. Believe me, you don't.

Actually, BF....... I *DON'T* believe you..:(

However.... I *DO* know what is best or YOU......

Avoid those flocks of seagulls flying over your head, making like B-29s..:W

Duck and cover!

~

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think a few folks here to to adopt my way of thinking and stop butting into everyone else's business.
1- Is it on my Property?
2- Is it really affecting me dangerously in any way?
If the answer is no than keep your nose out of their business. You have no right to push what you want or think on others. Some of you act like politicians. Think you know what is best for everyone. Believe me, you don't.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds