cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning Screen Room

wdgold
Explorer
Explorer
I Have a never used screen room that came with the rv we bought that attaches to the awning. Anyone find that these are worth the trouble to install. I don't know if I like the fact that I need to install these self adhesive mounts all over the side of the camper that you can see when its not set up.
5 REPLIES 5

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Patio-O-Room on my hunting 5th wheel and I love it! It gives us a 8'x14' storage and commons area that is invaluable in rainy weather. It also buttons up when cold and you can cook and sleep in it. I don't have any trouble putting it up with a short step stool. My snaps screw to the side of the camper, so you are lucky to have some that glue on.

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen many of those rip the awning off, or end up on the roof of the RV when a sudden gust of wind comes along. No thanks.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had one that came with our popup, and it was really nice if we were staying someplace for perhaps a week. Trouble is, we rarely did that. I think we used it a total of twice in 16+ seasons.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

wdgold
Explorer
Explorer
Islandman wrote:
The screen rooms are nice if you're going to be camped in the same place for a few days, say at least 4-5 days in that it gives you additional outdoor room and space. When we had our 30 ft. Class A a few years ago, we used the Patty-O-Room if we were going to be in a spot for several days; it was quite handy and gave the kids an area that they could even "camp out" and play and we even stored some of the extra stuff you tend to accumulate while owning an RV. But, it wasn't easy to put up and took two people to do it right. What brand of screen room do you have? Some are well built while others are bulky and take up lots of space in the RV when in their storage bag.

It says Open Air Deluxe Screen I think by Camco

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
The screen rooms are nice if you're going to be camped in the same place for a few days, say at least 4-5 days in that it gives you additional outdoor room and space. When we had our 30 ft. Class A a few years ago, we used the Patty-O-Room if we were going to be in a spot for several days; it was quite handy and gave the kids an area that they could even "camp out" and play and we even stored some of the extra stuff you tend to accumulate while owning an RV. But, it wasn't easy to put up and took two people to do it right. What brand of screen room do you have? Some are well built while others are bulky and take up lots of space in the RV when in their storage bag.