cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AZ Governor Statement on RV Travel during Stay At Home order

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
This question was asked to a local news station in Tucson, and they got a response from the governor's office.

Article is copywrited with all rights reserved so I won't copy/paste, but you can read it here.
25 REPLIES 25

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ever heard of WALKING the Golf Course???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Seattle Steve wrote:
gemsworld wrote:
The AZ governor has his priorities right. He deemed golf courses as essential businesses and can remain open. :S

Actually, he deemed exercise and physical activity as essential. Here's the paragraph from his declaration:

"Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, hiking, running, biking or golfing, but only if appropriate physical distancing practices are used."

I'm not a golfer, but it seems like social distancing would not be difficult to maintain.

Sitting next to someone in a rented golf cart and using common area facilities such bathrooms isn't my idea of social distancing.

Coincidentally, I just received an email from my local motorsports dealer announcing they are considered an essential business and they are open.

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:
The AZ governor has his priorities right. He deemed golf courses as essential businesses and can remain open. :S

Actually, he deemed exercise and physical activity as essential. Here's the paragraph from his declaration:

"Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, hiking, running, biking or golfing, but only if appropriate physical distancing practices are used."

I'm not a golfer, but it seems like social distancing would not be difficult to maintain.

Community Alumni
Not applicable

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
SUE ME!

"A spokesperson with the Governorโ€™s Office sent us this statement:"

โ€œIn general, if the RV parks are open, nothing prevents a person from moving to one place or another. We understand, for many people, their RV is their home.โ€
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
I have two daughters that live in Arizona. One in Phoenix, the other in Kingman. Arizona is three weeks behind the more progressive states. They are wholly unprepared of whats to come. They haven't the infrastucture to care for what's coming their way. With an older population, they will not be able to handle the amount of people that will need care.

About the only thing closed in Arizona are the schools and restaurants are take out only. Almost everything else is included on the governors list of "essential" services, for example barber shops and beauty salons. His executive order also prohibits any town, city or county from imposing their own restrictions on anything on his essential services list.
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
pitch wrote:
Seattle Steve wrote:
This question was asked to a local news station in Tucson, and they got a response from the governor's office.

Article is copywrited with all rights reserved so I won't copy/paste, but you can read it here.

Just give credit to the publisher.

Giving credit in no way absolves anyone from violating copyrights. Ever.

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
Seattle Steve wrote:

Just give credit to the publisher.

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Article is copywrited with all rights reserved so I won't copy/paste, but you can read it here
Fair use would certainly allow this excerpt:
โ€œIn general, if the RV parks are open, nothing prevents a person from moving to one place or another. We understand, for many people, their RV is their home.โ€
2013 RT 190-Popular

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have two daughters that live in Arizona. One in Phoenix, the other in Kingman. Arizona is three weeks behind the more progressive states. They are wholly unprepared of whats to come. They haven't the infrastucture to care for what's coming their way. With an older population, they will not be able to handle the amount of people that will need care.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for letting us know the AZ Governorโ€™s position.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad