cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathtub wallpaper

jryotas
Explorer
Explorer
So I am noticing that it seems alot more entry level trailers are using wallpaper for the shower / tub walls and am a little concerned about the durability of this vs a plastic or vinyl wall material . Any of you experienced any issues with this and , or what do you do to try and increase the durability of this material ?
6 REPLIES 6

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
jryotas wrote:
You mean to tell me that the wallpaper is not really water proof like the dealer claims ?

LOL,

The deal is that there is such a thing as waterproof wallpaper but the Indiana RV Mafia won't spend the extra money to put it in any of their trailers!

Now that's just SAD

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

jryotas
Explorer
Explorer
You mean to tell me that the wallpaper is not really water proof like the dealer claims ?

LOL,

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
People want a full sized, full featured light weight trailer that they can pull with a mini-van.....so, they make them out of paper.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
It's sad really. That people go into their first trailer and lay out $12-$17 thousand dollars and get such shoddy materials.

Like flushing money down a drain. In this case, literally!

WoodGlue

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
This is how they keep them "entry level". People want it cheap, this is what happens.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
You're right to be concerned. Entry level RV MFGs are cutting corners like crazy when it comes to materials and the durability of those materials.

The labor pool and the hourly charge to put together an RV is the same, so the price difference comes in the cost of the materials.

You can't really cut corners when it comes to actually assembling an RV, so they cheat elsewhere!

Good luck trying to protect any of these low end RV's from water, the elements, trail separation, leaks, etc.

WoodGlue