cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery powered skateboard with seat

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
At a campground last weekend we saw an older gentleman go zipping by on a razor type battery powered scooter. I cannot walk long distances due to knee problems and was thinking that would be a neat way to get around the campground. I wonder how dependable they are and how do you know how much battery charge you have? Plus where is the cheapest place to purchase one of these. I no longer purchase anything on Evil Bay......
11 REPLIES 11

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

Under their spec section it states - "Up to 40 minutes of continuous use"

that does not sound like much... I would have thought that with todays technology , they would run longer ?

That's a toy. And even as that, you're likely seeing a multi-mile range.

And even my relatively young backside would get tired of that seat in under 40 minutes.

If you need more, then a true mobility scooter is the better option.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

Dog Folks wrote:
Don't fool around with toys get a scooter. My breaks down into pieces no more than 20 pounds an weigh only 100 overall. Lasts ALL day on a charge and is very comfortable.

Lots of choices here: http://www.pridemobility.com/gogo/models.asp

Best money I ever spent.

I agree...When we met my In-laws in Disney last year , they both had 3 wheeled scooters.... They own one... and rented one.. those things ran ALL DAY around Disney.. that's a lot of walking.. He found his online cheap... And they are easy to steer and comfortable to use

Here they are coming to the campsite

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Don't fool around with toys get a scooter. My breaks down into pieces no more than 20 pounds an weigh only 100 overall. Lasts ALL day on a charge and is very comfortable.

Lots of choices here: http://www.pridemobility.com/gogo/models.asp

Best money I ever spent.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is only able to walk short distances and can't stand for very long. We looked on Craigslist and found a used mobility scooter. The seller said they had bought it for their mom, she had ridden it once and didn't want it. It sat in the garage for a year before they decided to sell it.

It comes apart in just a few minutes. It breaks down into six pieces. When broken down the pieces can be carried in a trunk, the back of a pickup or inside an RV storage compartment(s). It goes back together quickly. Here's a video of a similar model being disassembled- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP3sFTsWKB4

The batteries last a long time, the booklet shows 10 miles plus on a full charge. It's good enough for many trips around large campgrounds for several days without the need for a charge. 6 MPH is the top speed.

She can take it into stores and restaurants.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 50cc scooter that we occasional take with us. Since it is street legal (plated & insured)campgrounds can't really say "we don't allow those things to be ridden here". :R I can drive it up to the camp store or into town if I am close enough to one. Sometimes I have more fun on it then I do my Harley. :B

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those things look like a device to thin the ranks of us on Social Security.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

downtheroad wrote:
Amazon has a good selection...
How about something like this...with or without the seat are available.

Electric Scooter LINK

Under their spec section it states - "Up to 40 minutes of continuous use"

that does not sound like much... I would have thought that with todays technology , they would run longer ?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has a good selection...
How about something like this...with or without the seat are available.

Electric Scooter LINK

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

quasi
Explorer
Explorer
I think if you slap a 12 pack and a battery charger in there, your mileage would go way up. Ride till it's discharged, plug in the charger and pop a couple of tops. Repeat. Of course, I'd hate to be the first guy with a DUI for operating a cooler while under the influence . . .
Jim

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember, It's never too late to have
a happy childhood!

WrongWayRandall
Explorer
Explorer
How many miles to the amp hour do you suppose that cooler gets?

- R
1975 Westfalia Campmobile "Backroads Wanderer"
2014 Rockwood A122 hard side popup

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
What you need is one of these.