cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Benchmark atlas...where available

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
We will be purchasing some of these atlas for our Wild West 2013 trip.
Where can I get them once we are out there...really don't want to mail order them...like what kind of stores have them?

Utah, Nevada, Arizona, maybe NM...walmart? or what? Can I get an Arizona in southern Utah?

Donna
12 REPLIES 12

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
If you purchase from Amazon, make sure that you are getting the MOST current edition (which isn't necessarily so as they didn't have the most current on one of the three I am going to purchase). Also,
"frequently purchased together" doesn't appear on the most current UT map...only on one of the older versions. IF I am going to pay $20, I want current.

Directly through Benchmark I get free shipping with $50 purchase (I am getting three of them) and just a little sales tax (bummer).

Donna

JT
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't see any twofers or threefers
---
Click on a Benchmark that you want, e.g., Utah. Then look down the page a bit at page left for "Frequently Bought Together". The package deal includes two or three atlases, the one that you clicked on and one or two additional ones. If the package contents aren't applicable, you can order separately, but if the package contains the Benchmarks you want, it's a good deal.

Buying from the Benchmark website is much more expensive than buying from Amazon.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I will order mine from there but couldn't get order part of website to work for me this a.m.
Donna

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
You can order right from Benchmark Maps.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't see any twofers or threefers...but at least no shipping charges because I am buying three...a little sales tax.

JT
Explorer
Explorer
If you're going to order from Amazon, check the page to see if two or three Benchmarks are offered in a "package deal". *IF* you can use the atlases included in the "twofer" or threefer", it's cheaper than ordering singly.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, an order is going in on Monday:)

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we purchased all ours from B&N too but I've seen them at REI and even bought a vinyl carrier for them there. They're great and much, much better than Delorme. For each state book, it will list the state in sections, then you can go to the pages of those sections which shows more zoomed in detail, including forest service roads, state and city parks, campgrounds and rv parks. We have them for most of the western states. They are big, but worth it.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Benchmark atlas books are awesome! We use them daily and unfortunately, they're only made for the western states. They give so much clear detail, including public parks, campgrounds, etc. but for us with a Jeep, the backroads are clearly marked and very easy to read. They can't compare to a normal state map. If you travel the western states they are well worth it. Also, if you purchase from Amazon sometimes you'll get free shipping depending what you're buying and how much.

They also don't compare to a mapping program or GPS. We use those tools, also, but only for setting up a route. Once we're at our destination we go by Benchmark because you can get the 'whole picture' of an area. We started off using Delorme's atlas books but Benchmark is so much better. We have them for all the western states.

OP: You asked about getting the AZ one in southern Utah. I have seen them in national park bookstores/gift shops and also in local camping/hiking stores. Sometimes if you're close to a bordering state they'll carry both states but it's not a given. Best to pre-order them.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of these maps before.

Can you tell us how they are better than a State provided map?

I am interested.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! for the info.
Donna I kind of thought that might be the case.

JT
Explorer
Explorer
The only "stix and brix" store that I have seen Benchmark Atlases is B&N, and even then, there was one copy of a CA atlas (the store was in CA). I really doubt that you will be able to consistently and easily find Benchmarks at *any* stix and brix location; why not just order the ones you will need online and take them with you? Other than the Benchmark website itself, Amazon has the best selection and their prices are a lot better. Be sure to get the latest editions of each state's atlas; publication dates vary.