RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tire covers for a TT

:)Hi,We had out TT tires covered with canvas covers but the heat and sun torn them. Should we purchase new canvas covers (breathable) or should we invest in vinyl covers. Our TT is stored in an outdoor storage on gravel and is used about 5-6 times a ...

Poohper by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on sewer at full hook-up site

We are getting closer to our trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone. We are staying in a full hook-up site. We have never stayed in a site with sewer hook-up.Are the devices that support the black hose necessary or at least advisable?Something like this...

prd2hnt by Explorer
  • 64 replies
  • 0 likes

Determining Market Value of RV? Website?

Does anyone know if there is a website or other resource for determining the market value for any given RV?I have been looking for a newer TT for some time now as mine is getting a little old and I have located a 2010 Tango Model 311 Quad Bunkhouse S...

RV Repair, RV Dealers, Minot and the lack of parts

I have just in the last few days started to take apart my entire slide on one side of my trailer to put in a new floor and repair some old rot caused by a leak from long ago. I have removed the majority of the Metal skin, the old floor, cut out the r...

4X4Dodger by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep Liberty Diesel

Looking to replace our 2008 CRV, as a toad. I found a 2005 Liberty diesel,4x4, automatic, that looks pretty good.Looking for anyone who had, or has one, and about any problems with them. I know it is no rocket ship, but can you live with it. The fuel...

Generator service in Tucson

If you are in the Tucson area and need generator service I am happy to recommend Simonsen Generator Service (520 889-9581). Our Generac QP 40 (4Kw), has given excellent service (though we haven't put many hours on it, over the last 2 years and 26,00...

No drought in Washington eh....

Recalling all the naysayers this past spring, when the subject of drought conditions in Wa and Or. were being discussed? Now with Twisp and Winthrop evacuated, 3 firefighters killed and 4 injured..the Methow Valley is burning. Both states are under a...

Pullrite Superslide 5th Wheel Hitch

We bought a tow vehicle with one of these hitches and after we bought a trailer and hooked it up, we can't get it to unhook. We have tried EVERYTHING. We had a washer/dryervinstalled at Camping World in Rocklin, Ca. and they could not unhook it even ...

cidefehr by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 navigator towing 29' trailer

I have a new 2015 navigator with 8500 pounds towing capicity. I am pulling a 22FBS North Trail by Heartland travel trailer. Trailer fully loaded weigh about 6500 Lbs. I have a 1200 Lb Reese hitch with Dual Cam sway control. The 3.5L twin turbo and 6 ...

dale2 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Baseplate Install South Texas - Recommendation

I got a 2013 Fiat 500 to tow behind our new Forest River Forester Class C and ordered a baseplate from BlueOx.I didn't want to use Camping World to install it - and was casting about looking for someone to do this work. Finally, I did a Google Search...

Double Towing

We have a VW Jetta and a Jet Ski I wanted to tow behind a motorhome. Can I tow both of these on a car dolly? I have seen a motorhome towing a truck four flat pulling a boat but wasn't sure about this.

houtrz by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes