RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Good Sam "RV Storage Option"

If you are insured through GMAC/Good Sam and have utilized their "RV Storage Option" I'd like to hear about experience. Specifically, did you estimate in advance or do they issue a rebate at the end of the term? Also, is it a hassle to call? Do t...

Dodge Ram 2500 VS Chevy 2500 Gaser Short beds

We need a new TV soon and have been using a 2500 series Suburban with an 8.1l. Its a beast of a truck. We bought two Jeeps and have lifetime warranties on them and the Ram trucks have that option as well. Wife likes the Dodge I like the Chevy and wou...

Anyone tried out the EZ-Breeze vents by Fantastic Vent?

I tried a search here and couldn't find a thing about the EZ-Breeze vents by Fantastic Vent. I even tried a Google search on rv.net.Anyhow, has anyone used one of those new EZ-Breeze vents? They look like a great solution for keeping rain out witho...

belfert by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Worse this year?

We are volunteer hosts at a Corps. Of Engineers campground. This is a our fourth summer here. (9th year overall hosting) The past three years it was usual to have a noise compliant, maybe, once a month. This year we are receiving them once a week or...

Where can I find workamping opportunities?

We are in our early 40s and are considering the switch to fulltiming. We have fulltimed in the past for about 2 years and love it. However, we'll need some additional income to make it work. What are good places to look for workamping opportunitie...

Is your travel trailer cozy and homey??

My parents just recently purchased a 31ft jayco whitehawk TT. We just got to see it for the first time this past weekend and I couldn't believe how cozy and homey they have made it! I told her we had already seen many trailers like theirs at rv show...

Cruisin ain't always pretty...

Our rig in Ouray Colorado:Just returned from a 2,500 mile, 18 day trip, up to the southern Rockies from our home, north of Tucson. We had a fabulous time with very few issues but...Incident number 1: As I prepared to turn left into the Matterhorn C...

Refrigerator Problem

I have a Norcold fridge in a '05 Thor Jazz. Couple days ago I opened my trailer and, OMG, it smelled like a dead body. I had it plugged into my house and had some fish in the freezer. I had filled my propane but didn't turn it on. (Lesson learned...

jkbrea by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

AC Loud, Inside, Whats the Difference?

We just traded our TT 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and hav been on the road ever since.So sitting here comparing, like we do (our tt was very nice, and we made a lateral move to a larger FW with a bunk for our son), its obvious the ac's in this unit are lou...

Bad RV wreck on way home yesterday - Be Careful

I was on my way home from a 17 day holiday trip yesterday and got caught up in miles of slow moving traffic about 30 or so miles west of Calgary Alberta.We got up to the front of the line and I saw a major mess off the road and in the ditch. Big set ...

RV LED Lighting

I am wanting to exchange the light bulbs in my 2005 class C MH for warm white LED bulbs. Specifically what LED bulb will fit? Anyone have this experience?

Shopping for new TV

Well, DW and I spent several days shopping for a new TV. We don't want a pick up so we looked at vans and SUVs....Mercedes Sprinter - Trusted mechanic strongly advised against it.Navigator, Expedition, Suburban - beautiful, capable, comfortable, luxu...

Anmacc2 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Another tire question - one going bald on side

Folks, I have a Jayco HT 26.5 RLS that we purchased in Jan. 2012 and have used the last four summers with no tire problems. We took a 3,500 mile trip last spring as well as going to Zion and up to and back from Grand Teton National Park 12 times. How...

jalichty by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

ALUMNAGUARD SLIDE OUT COVERS

Trying to find if it is possible to purchase an Alumnaguard awning cover by itself. I can't find anything but awning material with the Alumnaguard attached and they are PRICEY!! I know Alumnaguard isn't the only brand you can buy but I couldn't fin...