cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Better Than Wood Blocks!

DanKirk
Explorer
Explorer
If you are tired of lugging around scraps of wood to level your RV, you can get a great deal on Lynx Levelers right now at Amazon.

Amazon Lynx Sale

Also, if you like their Facebook page, you might win a set for free!

These Lego-style blocks work great, and are much easier to use and tote around.
2017 Windjammer 3006WK
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Crew Cab Cummins Turbo Diesel
44 REPLIES 44

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Love my Lynx levelers so much I bought a second set.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
scootsk wrote:
ryanallie1 wrote:
Hi All.

We are Happy for you, and that you are Happy about the prices you paid for the "Plastic Blocks".

We still much prefer the "Free Blocks" that we have always been using for the past 45+ years as RV'ers. Anytime any one of them needs relacing, there still the same "Free Cost" as always.

We find that the Free Wood Blocks last for a very long time. And the really don't take up hardly any more room, and I can replace them from almost any where that we travel and are building something. Its not that we are cheap, but have buetter use for our money. But good Luck to you.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

While I'm a wood block guy, I'm not sure if I could find 2x10 and 2x8 for free. Guess I have to start visiting work sites and asking for scraps.

Another "chip off the old (wood) block"!

Great for a plethora of uses - and "free" is just a bonus..:C

Usually I generate enough of my own scraps to have an adequate supply, and carry an assortment of sizes.
A few are even painted cut-offs - probably looks very "gadget oriented", LOL.

Treated wood also is nice obviously due to being "treated" - as well as lighter weight.

While another use could be as firewood - - however, my collection of 2x4s saved my bacon one time when the main leaf on a spring pack on my (then) TT broke - - as might be expected on a Sunday evening in the middle of nowhere.

Notched a 2x4 and jury-rigged a wood spacer "stack" and drove over 100 miles (carefully) at 45-50 mph!.:C

Don't think my legos (that I never used and removed from the trlr long ago) would have worked in that situation..:W

~

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
DanKirk wrote:
If you are tired of lugging around scraps of wood to level your RV, you can get a great deal on Lynx Levelers...

What is your fascination with the Lynx Levelers? In the last six months you have started four threads about them. Are you associated with the company?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Unfortunately my rv eats those especially when trying to use them on any gravel. I glued 3/4 plywood together and cut into squares. Drilled a hole next to the edge and use my awning rod to place them under my jacks or tires if needed.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
While working for the government had the great fortune of being able to collect some 1 1\2" thick plywood squares.
They were all cut 8X10"...had about 50 of these things.
Most of them are gone now ๐Ÿ˜ž

I was thinking about making some more out of pocket.
Wish I would have held on to the one's I had...they seemed indestructible.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
I dont carry pressure treated. They get burned replaced often enough to not worry about it.

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
They are $26.39 at AdventureRV.net
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
legolas wrote:
nevadanick wrote:
You can burn the wood blocks when you eun out of firewood also
Not a good idea if they are pressure treated....and why use anything but PT wood for that since they are lying on the ground.

I have both the "legos" and two 2X8's 4ft long cut at an angle for ease of backing on to....am thinking of going to just the legos, weight is a great difference as is space.

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
nevadanick wrote:
Not agood idea if they are pressure treated....and why use anything but PT wood for that since they are lying on the ground.

I have both the "legos" and two 2X8's 4ft long cut at an angle for ease of backing on to....am thinking of going to just the legos, weight is a great difference as is space.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a 2x8 plank of dry cedar 5ft long.
Both wheels drive up on it and its usually all I need.
I do have a few shorter ones for stacking on really bad sites.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I have to admit the idea is interesting and my DGS loves Legos but, I drive a Class A with dual rear wheels and in some cases I need to raise an entire side 4.5". To be safe and provide a 9"X9" top level(I would prefer the 9"X18" top level), would take 45 blocks(49 for the 9"X18" top). That would cost over $150.00 and would take up as much room as my three ramps of 2"X8"s three levels high. My three ramps may be much heavier but, the fast and easy to just lay on the ground at the tires, no assembly required, no bags to store and just as easy to disassemble and store when we're ready to break camp and move on.

Maybe if I had a TT with one axel but not with an A. I am hoping my next rig will have hydraulic levelers which are even heavier than my wooden ones.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer

scootsk
Explorer III
Explorer III
ryanallie1 wrote:
Hi All.

We are Happy for you, and that you are Happy about the prices you paid for the "Plastic Blocks".

We still much prefer the "Free Blocks" that we have always been using for the past 45+ years as RV'ers. Anytime any one of them needs relacing, there still the same "Free Cost" as always.

We find that the Free Wood Blocks last for a very long time. And the really don't take up hardly any more room, and I can replace them from almost any where that we travel and are building something. Its not that we are cheap, but have buetter use for our money. But good Luck to you.

While I'm a wood block guy, I'm not sure if I could find 2x10 and 2x8 for free. Guess I have to start visiting work sites and asking for scraps.
Don, Kathleen
2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.7 CTD/AISIN
2019 Montana 3791 Fifth Wheel

ryanallie1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All.

1998-34 ft Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is the every day price at Walmart.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore