cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beware new Camping Wolrd location in Tucson, AZ

eichacsj
Explorer
Explorer
Don't go to this Camping World (which was having a grand opening RV supply super store) in Tucson exit 264b if you have a full size dually pick-up or anything bigger like a travel trailer, 5th wheel or RV. You can't park!

There is only about 30 tight spots for a car or standard pick-up to park and even then the employees park in those spots also. There is a Circle K on one side and a economic center on the other, neither will allow any parking (economic center has a guard outside watching). We went there planning to buy roughly $500.00 dollars of supplies; power protector, water filters, plumbing and accessories to supply our new travel trailer. We had parked our 32 ft travel trailer in a place between CW and Circle K that was not in the way of anything, within 5 - 10 minutes we heard our rig being called over the load speaker that we had to move or get towed. We hadn't even made it from the door to the other side of one isle in CW and had to leave. We left empty handed so their loss.
2014 Arctic Fox 30U
2001 Silverado 2500 HD, 4WD
8.1 Vortec / 4.10 gears / ATS Stage 2 Allison Transmission with Co-Pilot
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Reece Class 5 Hitch with 1700lb bars
11 REPLIES 11

gkas
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:
eichacsj wrote:
Don't go to this Camping World (which was having a grand opening RV supply super store) in Tucson exit 264b if you have a full size dually pick-up or anything bigger like a travel trailer, 5th wheel or RV. You can't park!

There isn't a CW I want to park at/in -
no matter what I'm driving - or the size of the parking lot..;)

But thanks for the warning.
(And sorry, Marcus)

+1
My photos: http://mikekazphotography.com/Gerry/GalleryIndex/index.html

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
eichacsj wrote:

There isn't a CW I want to park at/in -
no matter what I'm driving - or the size of the parking lot..;)

But thanks for the warning.
(And sorry, Marcus)

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
We've stopped in twice since November, and both times parking and then departing with just our DRW truck was a pain. Probably won't return there, and we spend winters in Tucson.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
The Nashville CW store also has a parking problem, but not this bad. I think . . :h. . . that CW is focusing on the selling new RVs not on the supplies since the parking lot was full of new RVs.
Same scenario at the Boise/Meridian CW. Parking lot full of new RVs and employees cars. So bad that I won't even bother to check and see if there is room to park anymore and just drive the extra couple miles to an RV dealer that I know has a place for me to park.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
The Nashville CW store also has a parking problem, but not this bad. I think . . :h. . . that CW is focusing on the selling new RVs not on the supplies since the parking lot was full of new RVs.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

eichacsj
Explorer
Explorer
We complained at the customer service that called us to move. It is their permanent new location (grand opening). They had told us, yes no parking and to complain on the CW site. We did and I am making it a point to let everyone know on every forum I can find. Yes one or two can park spreading their rig between CW and Circle K but when we were there someone had already took that spot. They also got called on while we where in there.
2014 Arctic Fox 30U
2001 Silverado 2500 HD, 4WD
8.1 Vortec / 4.10 gears / ATS Stage 2 Allison Transmission with Co-Pilot
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Reece Class 5 Hitch with 1700lb bars

blkdodge
Explorer
Explorer
Avondale location isn't much better. Mesa store somewhat decent.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
jim1632 wrote:
We were there a couple of weeks ago. We did park on the roadway between CW and Circle K without being summoned for a move. This site must be a temporary one because it is too small to handle RV retailing.

There is a new building under construction next to the Lazydays in the same area. I suspected that would be the eventual location of a new CW. I didn't find the current store to be a super one so something must be planned.

The new building is a Truck service center, not a CW. The parking situation is horrid at the Tucson CW. I asked the manager where a person could park an RV and they said to pull down the service aisle. However, every time I've pulled in there, the service aisle was completely blocked with rigs. The manager also led me to believe this is their permanent location.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Does take a bit of skill.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
If you get your post moved to the CW forum you may get better information on what is going on at that location.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
We were there a couple of weeks ago. We did park on the roadway between CW and Circle K without being summoned for a move. This site must be a temporary one because it is too small to handle RV retailing.

There is a new building under construction next to the Lazydays in the same area. I suspected that would be the eventual location of a new CW. I didn't find the current store to be a super one so something must be planned.