cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boycott Walmart in Seguin TX

writerwithwheel
Explorer
Explorer
I have been drycamping various places in and around Seguin. after hassles with 18 wheelers in many of the locations, the local police suggested I park at Walmart.

I have been parking with NO NOISE, NO GENERATOR, NO SLIDEOUTS,
NO FURNITURE, NO AWNING.

Yesterday one of their employees got in my face because I have been there EVERY NIGHT. Me and several others who are unemployed, homeless
or just can't find housing in this toilet of a town.

I have also been spending virtually all of my cash and now Food Stamps
at Walmart.

Today, I move and all spending stops. I would appreciate you joining in my boycott. An average of 4-6 RV's a night stop at this location.

In fact, I will encourage you to Boycott Walmart PERIOD. NATIONWIDE.

Help me teach them a valuable economic lesson.
103 REPLIES 103

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart is kind enough to let travelers park for a few hours for free so they can get some rest before continuing on. They are not a permanent residence, nor have they ever intended to be.

You abused their kindness and overstayed your welcome. If jobs are that hard to come by in the town you're in, perhaps you need to roll your home to where jobs are more plentiful.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Friend I disagree with your perspective. Here is why. They let you camp for free for a long time. The parking lot is not a residence or an entitlement of shopping there. They did you a favor not extended to all shoppers. And now they have asked you to move on so you want us to all stop shopping there? Time to grow up and check your privlidge. No one owes you anything here. Ponder this.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my home town there is a 48 hour parking ordnance for RV's even on your own property if visible from the street. Although it sometimes makes it tough to prepare for a trip, it keeps people like you from abusing WalMart's hospitality.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
They didn't take you to raise. Employment will change your outlook on life. Suggest you try it as you may just like it.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
If it is any comfort, I have absolutely no plans to shop at the Seguin, Texas Walmart today or any other day in the future. As for Walmarts elsewhere, well that is a different story.
Since you are living around Sequin without income, money or permanent housing, dependent on Food Stamps you may wish to keep a lower profile. There is a very good chance the good folks of Seguin may wish to boycott you.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
To the contrary, sounds like a great place to shop.
The last thing I want to subject my family to is a homeless camp just to go shopping.
People like you are ruining a good thing for people who just want to pull over for a rest.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
It doesn't sound like it's a Walmart policy, just the reaction of a single employee who is tired of seeing homeless in the parking lot. Many people are less than sympathetic to the plight of the unemployed, but to castigate a business because of the attitude of a single person is hardly reasonable.

You have wheels, if you don't like the way you are treated use 'em. Perhaps you'll have better luck finding work, if you want to work that is, somewhere else.

I try not to shop at Walmart, but I certainly won't stop what little shopping I do because you feel mistreated. Sorry.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bob_Sue
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agree with spoon059. The company is doing travelers a favor, by giving an overnight stay, no strings attached, and yet that's not good enough?
Bob&Sue
2021 Cedar Creek 34IK
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Troll?

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
On my way to Wally :C
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
They should have called Police, had you arrested for vagrancy,and had your RV towed. That way you would have a place to stay (jail), and you would be out of their hair. :@

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ummmm... what? A private business (that isn't in the business of providing a free location to camp) got tired of you living on their property FOR FREE, and now you want everyone to boycott that business and Walmart's nationwide? If anything, you should be writing a post praising Walmart for having allowed you to stay there RENT FREE for as long as they have.

I've read a lot of questionable posts on RV.net over the years... but this one may take the cake.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
While I am sorry about your economic situation, a Walmart parking lot is not a place to live even if you do spend money there. A night or two stay while passing thru is acceptable. A boycott for them not allowing you to take up residence in their parking lot is not.

beliveauj
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure they will feel the cash loss.
Jim & Jeanne fulltiming and loving it.
Buddy and Emma (Silky Terriers)
2003 Ford F350 Crew Cab "King Ranch" Power Stroke 6.0
2007 Mobile Suites 36SB3 Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator